Ten Summertime Trade Candidates

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

Which of the following players would you most like to see the Vikings acquire via trade?

Poll ended at Wed Jun 25, 2014 9:18 am

Ryan Mallet QB New England
2%
Brandon Flowers CB Chiefs
67%
Michael Roos OT Titans
2%
Brandon Graham DE/LB Eagles
No votes
Dion Jordan DE/LB Dolphins
7%
Derrick Morgan DE Titans
No votes
LaMichael James RB 49ers
10%
Rob Housler TE Cardinals
No votes
Denarius Moore WR Raiders
12%

Total votes: 42

Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Re: Ten Summertime Trade Candidates

Post by Mothman »

PurpleKoolaid wrote:What is the reference? Im fairly well read, and up on the older movies (movies and music nowadays pale in comparison, and im don't consider myself old all).
I mentioned Logan's Run and he made a reference to it in his post when he wrote "Do you know the way to Sanctuary?".
Purple bruise
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by Purple bruise »

PurpleKoolaid wrote: What is the reference? Im fairly well read, and up on the older movies (movies and music nowadays pale in comparison, and im don't consider myself old all).

I would love it if AD would take another adjustment in pay, which would help us to get a better receiver or DB, and finish as a Viking. Things like that never work out for me though. Ever. And I can see us paying a 33 year old RB, that still cant catch ot block, 11 mil a year.
There is nothing to stop the Vikings from aquiring another quality player including diminishing AD's pay. I do not get where you feel that it is necessary for them to get another WR? They are set at that position.
AD will be fine for three more years and then will end up like Joe Montana, Cris Carter, Joe Namath, Johnny Unitas, Emmitt Smith, Jerrad Allen etc. ending their careers, over the hill, and with another team. That is how the NFL works. You do not trade the best player on the team and in the NFL for a low first or second round pick, well maybe you do.
Do not mistake KINDNESS for WEAKNESS!

Best to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool rather than open it and remove all doubt.
Just Me
Hall of Famer

Post by Just Me »

Mothman wrote: I mentioned Logan's Run and he made a reference to it in his post when he wrote "Do you know the way to Sanctuary?".
It's seems appropriate to term AD: "Runner!"
I've told people a million times not to exaggerate!
purplereign1
Rookie

Post by purplereign1 »

fiestavike wrote: Chris Johnson has not been anything remotely approaching elite since he signed a huge contract. He packed it up and mailed it in. But putting that aside, I agree, two years from now, AD could be washed up, and the Vikings will have to make a move at that point. At the moment they aren't going to get much in trade value. If someone valued him as though he is a 25 year old with an average contract and wanted to trade accordingly that sounds great, but just like you value him as a 29 year old with a huge contract, so does the rest of the league. What do you think the Vikings could get for Adrian Peterson in a trade?

That's what I can't figure out.
Quite possibly nobody will offer that trade. Many people on this site simply say we should not trade him period. But what I'm saying is that if a team did offer a decent deal we should definitely consider it. If not we keep him. I am however pretty sure within the next couple of years he will have to restructure his deal or we will have to cut him. A team really can't win today paying a RB franchise QB money. If the Vikes feel they could be superbowl contenders this year or next year with him I say go for it, if not why not trade him and clear up the space. If not a first what if we could get a second? It seems a decent second round pick could get us the top 20 year old running back in the draft and we could build for the future, which is what we are doing at almost every other position. And do not underestimate what that extra cap space could be used for.
mmvikes
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by mmvikes »

purplereign1 wrote: Quite possibly nobody will offer that trade. Many people on this site simply say we should not trade him period. But what I'm saying is that if a team did offer a decent deal we should definitely consider it. If not we keep him. I am however pretty sure within the next couple of years he will have to restructure his deal or we will have to cut him. A team really can't win today paying a RB franchise QB money. If the Vikes feel they could be superbowl contenders this year or next year with him I say go for it, if not why not trade him and clear up the space. If not a first what if we could get a second? It seems a decent second round pick could get us the top 20 year old running back in the draft and we could build for the future, which is what we are doing at almost every other position. And do not underestimate what that extra cap space could be used for.
Ok. So trade away the best player on your team, who is one of the best ever at his position, while still in his prime, for a second rounder who MAY be good and younger?