DE Scott Crichton

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

HornedMessiah
Hall of Fame Candidate

Re: DE Scott Crichton

Post by HornedMessiah »

dead_poet wrote:2014 MINNESOTA VIKINGS DRAFT PROFILE: SCOTT CRICHTON BREAKDOWN
http://vikingsterritory.com/2014/analys ... -breakdown
One thing I notice in a lot of those gifs is his quickness off the snap. He really explodes out of his stance and is already a half-step into his rush and in the lineman's faces before they can properly react. If he can keep that up in the NFL then he'll be a great disruptor.
jackal
Strong Safety

Post by jackal »

You are probably correct and even if the Vikes would have wanted and afforded to resign Allen, he would not likely have accepted being rotated in and out of the line-up.
That was my main problem with Allen he was
selfish when it came to reps IMO.
no one expects the Spanish Inquisition!
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

HornedMessiah wrote: One thing I notice in a lot of those gifs is his quickness off the snap. He really explodes out of his stance and is already a half-step into his rush and in the lineman's faces before they can properly react. If he can keep that up in the NFL then he'll be a great disruptor.
It's that combined with his strength, hands and leverage. First step is great and all, but I've soured a bit on this trait as Guion has one of the better/quickest first-steps in the league but he's not very effective beyond that initial explosion.
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly
Funkytown
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by Funkytown »

jackal wrote: That was my main problem with Allen he was
selfish when it came to reps IMO.
How has it been determined that he is selfish? What did I miss?

The players (and coaches) around the league still have a ton of love and respect for Allen. What do they know, right? He was voted #68 this year for the best players in the league. I think they said he was #60 last year. Considering how freakin' horrible our D was, people clearly still admire his work. The way I understand it, the players list their top 20 players regardless of position. If Allen is still ranking this high, he isn't half as bad as people like to pretend on here. Listening to the guys talk about him...he's still the man. Don't you worry about that. :D
jackal
Strong Safety

Post by jackal »

How has it been determined that he is selfish? What did I miss?
Allen looked after his own stats versus resting and helping the defense overall. IMO
this limited Everson Griffen's development and hurt the overall pressure from the defensive
pressure of our defense. To me that is selfish of Allen. I love his play; but, football is a
team sport.
Funkytown
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by Funkytown »

jackal wrote:Allen looked after his own stats versus resting and helping the defense overall.
So, getting after the quarterback doesn't help the defense...overall? Are you sure he wasn't trying to help the team as he "looked after his own stats"? Is it really one or the other?

this limited Everson Griffen's development and hurt the overall pressure from the defensive
pressure of our defense. To me that is selfish of Allen. I love his play; but, football is a
team sport.
Allen also controlled who was out on the field and who wasn't? He had that much control?

Yeah, if he did that, maybe he should have moved on. He didn't pick the right guys last year...or something :P

:govikes:
Eli
Hall of Famer

Post by Eli »

Nice article by Rob Rang on Minnesota's draft:
The flashy first round picks will ultimately determine the success of the Vikings' 2014 draft. Whereas Barr and Teddy Bridgewater bring some boom or bust concerns, Crichton's dependability against the run and pass makes him arguably Minnesota's safest pick.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/nfl- ... afest-pick
He also talks a little about Yankey, McKinnon, Exum.
jackal
Strong Safety

Post by jackal »

The flashy first round picks will ultimately determine the success of the Vikings' 2014 draft. Whereas Barr and Teddy Bridgewater bring some boom or bust concerns, Crichton's dependability against the run and pass makes him arguably Minnesota's safest pick.
I got a really good feeling about the Oregon mad man.. I am hoping he turns into the next John Randle for us

Speed Power and Instincts on our front seven .. Barr and Crichton into the fold ..
Eli
Hall of Famer

Post by Eli »

jackal wrote: I got a really good feeling about the Oregon mad man.. I am hoping he turns into the next John Randle for us
That's a long shot. I'd settle for another Brian Robison.