DE Scott Crichton

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

Purple bruise
Hall of Fame Candidate

Re: DE Scott Crichton

Post by Purple bruise »

mondry wrote: He certainly has the talent and potential to be and I don't see any reason he won't be awesome. I'm sure Zimmer watched 10 minutes worth of film and told Spielman we should re-sign him. If Floyd can play close to Kevin Williams level I think this D-line will be better than the 2009 line. That line was great but Ray Edwards was the weak link. How he didn't make more out of playing next to Allen, Williams, and Williams is just kind of puzzling.
He made at ton of money signing with the Falcons, 27 million dollars and then was released last November. Go figure :confused:
Do not mistake KINDNESS for WEAKNESS!

Best to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool rather than open it and remove all doubt.
jackal
Strong Safety

Post by jackal »

I think our defensive line will rotate in and
Out quite bit in the course of the game based
on the amount of DT and De we have signed
and drafted.
no one expects the Spanish Inquisition!
Purple bruise
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by Purple bruise »

jackal wrote:I think our defensive line will rotate in and
Out quite bit in the course of the game based
on the amount of DT and De we have signed
and drafted.
You are probably correct and even if the Vikes would have wanted and afforded to resign Allen, he would not likely have accepted being rotated in and out of the line-up.

Best to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool rather than open it and remove all doubt.
mondry
Hall of Famer

Post by mondry »

Purple bruise wrote:
He made at ton of money signing with the Falcons, 27 million dollars and then was released last November. Go figure :confused:
Hah, let me rephrase, how he didn't make more sacks, hurries, fumbles, etc, aka production out of it for the Vikings! He certainly got paid like it...

He fell completely on his face in Atlanta without the 3 probowlers / borderline hall of famers next to him. Here's a link to an article about it.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100000 ... for-boxing

"Two years after landing a five-year, $27.5 million contract from the Atlanta Falcons, Ray Edwards believes he has a better chance at a boxing career than a football career."

"Edwards was never the same player after taking up boxing as a hobby during the 2011 NFL lockout. He pocketed $11 million in guarantees from the Falcons while producing just 3.5 sacks in 25 games. NFL teams can't be blamed if they were just as leery of his commitment to football as they were of his locker-room reputation."

Yeah... let's just pretend it was his hobby of boxing that made him such a bad DE and not leaving the line of Allen, Williams, Williams LOL!
Funkytown
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by Funkytown »

mondry wrote:
"Two years after landing a five-year, $27.5 million contract from the Atlanta Falcons, Ray Edwards believes he has a better chance at a boxing career than a football career."
...or a modeling career. His selfies in his tight undies are hilarious! Man, I love that guy! Too bad it didn't work out for him in Atlanta.
Purple bruise
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by Purple bruise »

fiestavike wrote: He made at ton of money signing with the Falcons, 27 million dollars and then was released last November. Go figure :confused:
And he also got a fine girlfriend out of it for a while in Lastarya!

Image[/quote]

I am not sure what your definition of a fine girlfriend is but her butt is bigger than the William's wall :lol:

Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Post by Mothman »

fiestavike wrote: You say that like its a bad thing. You have much to learn grasshopper. :smilevike:
LOL! I think all that remains to be said is:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ImZTwYwCug
frosted
Career Elite Player

Post by frosted »

Mothman wrote: LOL! I think all that remains to be said is:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ImZTwYwCug
Before even clicking on your link, I knew what was coming. HA! :lmao:
King James
All Pro Elite Player

Post by King James »

fiestavike wrote: He made at ton of money signing with the Falcons, 27 million dollars and then was released last November. Go figure :confused:

And he also got a fine girlfriend out of it for a while in Lastarya!

Dang she's fine. She does have a nice booty. :D No wonder Ray Edwards couldn't focus on improving his game. He was probably too busy thinking about coming back home to that every night. :thumbsup:
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Post by PurpleMustReign »

fiestavike wrote: That'll work!
Lol. I'll take it.

Sent from my SGH-T769 using Tapatalk
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
S197
Fenrir

Post by S197 »

King James wrote:Dang she's fine. She does have a nice booty. :D No wonder Ray Edwards couldn't focus on improving his game. He was probably too busy thinking about coming back home to that every night. :thumbsup:
Don't forget the boxing career. It probably takes a lot of training to beat up a guy that looks like a 40 year-old accountant. :twisted:
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

Phenomenal write-up about Crichton and his predicted usage in Zimmer's scheme. Hard not to get excited for his potential, despite his limitations. Initially, I like his promise as an interior rusher on passing downs.

2014 MINNESOTA VIKINGS DRAFT PROFILE: SCOTT CRICHTON BREAKDOWN
http://vikingsterritory.com/2014/analys ... -breakdown
Crichton utilizes his strength and bull-rush ability to drive offensive guards backwards. When he’s aggressive enough with his hands and keeps his pads down, he can press the pocket to great effect.

One final silver lining with Crichton as a pass-rusher is the way he plays with his eyes up. He finds the quarterback well, tracking mobile quarterbacks to the perimeter with quick reactions. He also gets his hands up to deflect passes regularly.
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly
Funkytown
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by Funkytown »

dead_poet wrote:Phenomenal write-up about Crichton and his predicted usage in Zimmer's scheme. Hard not to get excited for his potential, despite his limitations. Initially, I like his promise as an interior rusher on passing downs.
It's hard not to get excited about Darren Page's writing, period. The guy is good.

In his comment section, he said he plans to continue with "Jerick McKinnon, David Yankey, and Antone Exum at least."

I can't wait. I am really curious to read about McKinnon. *impatiently waiting*
Just Me
Hall of Famer

Post by Just Me »

mondry wrote:Yeah... let's just pretend it was his hobby of boxing that made him such a bad DE and not leaving the line of Allen, Williams, Williams LOL!
:lol: I agree. A sport which emphasizes speed, strength, balance, aerobic conditioning, and contact, is totally incompatible with football. :wink:
I've told people a million times not to exaggerate!
frosted
Career Elite Player

Post by frosted »

dead_poet wrote:Phenomenal write-up about Crichton and his predicted usage in Zimmer's scheme. Hard not to get excited for his potential, despite his limitations. Initially, I like his promise as an interior rusher on passing downs.

2014 MINNESOTA VIKINGS DRAFT PROFILE: SCOTT CRICHTON BREAKDOWN
http://vikingsterritory.com/2014/analys ... -breakdown
Thanks for that DP! Page is doing a fantastic job on these. I too look forward to the write up on McKinnon and especially Exum.