Teddy Bridgewater

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

DK Sweets
Career Elite Player

Re: Teddy Bridgewater

Post by DK Sweets »

Purple Reign wrote: Sorry to get technical here but a typo is the misspelling of a word. In this case using redzone instead of endzone would be considered more of a malapropism. :wink:
I hope this doesn't sound arrogant, but I almost never see a word I haven't ever seen before. I'm really excited now, thank you!
Purple Reign
All Pro Elite Player

Post by Purple Reign »

DKSweets wrote:I hope this doesn't sound arrogant, but I almost never see a word I haven't ever seen before. I'm really excited now, thank you!
I guess you learned something new today then. :thumbsup:
Just Me
Hall of Famer

Post by Just Me »

Purple Reign wrote: Sorry to get technical here but a typo is the misspelling of a word. In this case using endzone instead of redzone would be considered more of a malapropism. :wink:
I stand corrected, sir! :D

(I like a healthy dose of pedantry every now and again). :wink:
I've told people a million times not to exaggerate!
84BreaksAnkles
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by 84BreaksAnkles »

I just feel like Teddy could have EASILY matched Cassel's performance today, and say what you will..
But my gut says with him in, it would have been 45-6.
Please just watch(04:39-05:18):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VxXCuSyj18M&t=4m39s
This is a dog.
Compare that to this guy (00:46-01:01):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ar3ioQywcAc&t=0m45s
"It's ok to hit the bag"
Mridens
Backup

Post by Mridens »

28BreaksAnkles wrote:I just feel like Teddy could have EASILY matched Cassel's performance today, and say what you will..
But my gut says with him in, it would have been 45-6.
As optimistic as i am about him my gut says Teddy might have been in big trouble yesterday, all other things being equal. It could have been a very rude welcome to the regular season and a starting NFL defense. Cassel did a good job with what he was allowed to do, so I don't know why you would even bring it up. :roll:
Raptorman
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by Raptorman »

Purple Reign wrote: Sorry to get technical here but a typo is the misspelling of a word. In this case using endzone instead of redzone would be considered more of a malapropism. :wink:
Pretty sure I saw one of those in Zoo once. :D
Vikings fan since Nov. 6, 1966. Annoying Packer fans since Nov. 7, 1966
J. Kapp 11
Hall of Famer

Post by J. Kapp 11 »

End zone should be two words.

Same with red zone.

Technically. :wink:
Go ahead. I dare you.
Underestimate this man.
Arma
Starter

Post by Arma »

Mridens wrote: As optimistic as i am about him my gut says Teddy might have been in big trouble yesterday, all other things being equal. It could have been a very rude welcome to the regular season and a starting NFL defense. Cassel did a good job with what he was allowed to do, so I don't know why you would even bring it up. :roll:
In all fairness Teddy is a lot better versus the rush then Cassel.
Whenever i step outside, somebody claims to see the light
It seems to me that all of us have lost our patience.
'cause everyone thinks they're right,
And nobody thinks that there just might
Be more than one road to our final destination--
J. Kapp 11
Hall of Famer

Post by J. Kapp 11 »

Arma wrote: In all fairness Teddy is a lot better versus the rush then Cassel.
But you don't know that.

He may be more mobile, but half the job in avoiding the rush is recognizing pre-snap where pressure is coming from and adjusting protection. Could Teddy do that as well as Cassel right now? Doubtful.
Go ahead. I dare you.
Underestimate this man.
84BreaksAnkles
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by 84BreaksAnkles »

Doubtful based upon What exactly? All we have to go by is pre-season tape and its CLEAR who handled blitzes and pressures better.
Please just watch(04:39-05:18):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VxXCuSyj18M&t=4m39s
This is a dog.
Compare that to this guy (00:46-01:01):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ar3ioQywcAc&t=0m45s
"It's ok to hit the bag"
Arma
Starter

Post by Arma »

J. Kapp 11 wrote:But you don't know that.

He may be more mobile, but half the job in avoiding the rush is recognizing pre-snap where pressure is coming from and adjusting protection. Could Teddy do that as well as Cassel right now? Doubtful.
Except I do know that. He was like it in college, continued into the preseason. Why would it change during the regular season? You can have your doubts, but I have none. You don't get the nickname GUMP for no reason..

It'd be extremely dishearting if it didn't translate because honestly that's one of his top traits. Without it he won't amount to much.
PurpleKoolaid
Hall of Famer

Post by PurpleKoolaid »

28BreaksAnkles wrote:Doubtful based upon What exactly? All we have to go by is pre-season tape and its CLEAR who handled blitzes and pressures better.
Everyone wants Teddy in. But to say he can handly the rush of the likes of Quinn better then Cassel is stretching it. Cassel did fine with the pressure, and when the Oline gave him time, he did great. Pre-season does not equal the regular season. And Im sure both Norv and Zimmer know what Teddy can bring.
losperros
Commissioner

Post by losperros »

PurpleKoolaid wrote:Everyone wants Teddy in. But to say he can handly the rush of the likes of Quinn better then Cassel is stretching it. Cassel did fine with the pressure, and when the Oline gave him time, he did great. Pre-season does not equal the regular season. And Im sure both Norv and Zimmer know what Teddy can bring.
I agree. Actually, I thought the Rams provided strong pressure on Cassel and he kept his cool pretty well. That comes from experience, knowing what to do and when to do it.

I can easily imagine Bridgewater eventually having a career far greater than Cassel's. But right now I'm glad the veteran is in there at QB.
Arma
Starter

Post by Arma »

Don't get me wrong, right now Cassel is the better bet. In no way am I discrediting his play Sunday..But I still think it's fair to say, based on all past performances, Bridgewater would of handled the pressure just fine too.
Purple bruise
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by Purple bruise »

Arma wrote:Don't get me wrong, right now Cassel is the better bet. In no way am I discrediting his play Sunday..But I still think it's fair to say, based on all past performances, Bridgewater would of handled the pressure just fine too.

I am all in for having TB start sooner than later. The Vikes got a good game out of Cassel But why wait. I could have imagined that TB could have done anything Cassel did and a few things better.
Do not mistake KINDNESS for WEAKNESS!

Best to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool rather than open it and remove all doubt.