Teddy Bridgewater

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

S197
Fenrir

Teddy Bridgewater

Post by S197 »

I don't think there's a person here who would have ever thought the Vikings would get this guy at #32. I'd gladly give up a 4th to jump ahead of Houston and Jacksonville, especially with 2 picks in the 3rd.

Also don't forget, by picking him 32nd, he's now under contract for 5 years rather than 4 like everyone being taken tomorrow.
Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Re: Teddy Bridgewater

Post by Mothman »

S197 wrote:I don't think there's a person here who would have ever thought the Vikings would get this guy at #32. I'd gladly give up a 4th to jump ahead of Houston and Jacksonville, especially with 2 picks in the 3rd.

Also don't forget, by picking him 32nd, he's now under contract for 5 years rather than 4 like everyone being taken tomorrow.

Good point!
NDVikeFan
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by NDVikeFan »

Spielman hit a homer again this year! great move to grab Bridewater at QB. Sky is the limit!
Texas Vike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by Texas Vike »

S197 wrote:I don't think there's a person here who would have ever thought the Vikings would get this guy at #32. I'd gladly give up a 4th to jump ahead of Houston and Jacksonville, especially with 2 picks in the 3rd.

I'm happy with the trade. I posted just a day or so ago an article that interviewed players that had been with Norv previously and they said Teddy was the ideal QB for his system.
MatteoSpace
Practice Squad

Post by MatteoSpace »

YES YES YES YES!
I stayed up until 6:00 for him
Sorry for my english, i'm trying to learn it
Eli
Hall of Famer

Post by Eli »

With any luck he'll sit for at least two years and watch from the sidelines as he puts on about 30lbs. Then that 5 years could come in handy.
saint33
All Pro Elite Player

Post by saint33 »

I'm so incredibly pumped

I remember the thread about trading up from 8 for Bridgewater, I said the last two years we traded back into the 1st to get the guy I coveted. Harrison Smith and Cordarrelle Patterson were my top targets the last two years. This year it was Bridgewater. Spielman pulled it off again, getting him at 32 is going to be the steal of the draft :rock:
MountainGirl
Rookie

Post by MountainGirl »

When Norv Turner gets ahold of this guy, he is going to change his world. This is, I believe, the Vikings franchise QB. Also, in listening to his interview, he is a humble guy. I like him a lot.
HardcoreVikesFan
Hall of Famer

Post by HardcoreVikesFan »

saint33 wrote:I'm so incredibly pumped

I remember the thread about trading up from 8 for Bridgewater, I said the last two years we traded back into the 1st to get the guy I coveted. Harrison Smith and Cordarrelle Patterson were my top targets the last two years. This year it was Bridgewater. Spielman pulled it off again, getting him at 32 is going to be the steal of the draft :rock:
You and I both man! I am so pumped right now!
A Randy Moss fan for life. A Kevin Williams fan for life.
S197
Fenrir

Post by S197 »

Hopefully this means more coverage for the Vikings. It's always about QBs and they'll be a lot of Bortles/Manziel/Bridgewater comparisons.
PacificNorseWest
Career Elite Player

Post by PacificNorseWest »

So dam happy right now. Finally got the QB position right.
thatoneguy
Backup

Post by thatoneguy »

I was really excited to see the Vikings trade back up again. The Bridgewater pick just got me pumped. When does the season start again?
"This team makes me drink" - Any Minnesota sports fan
Superfreak84
Veteran

Post by Superfreak84 »

3rd year in a row Slick Rick has impressed in the 1st round. I knew to stay awake for the whole first round because we always seem to trade back up into round 1. Excited for Teddy, arguable the best passer in the draft. Who knows, if the bad pro day never happened he's probably a top 10 pick. I think we got a steal. I'll be rooting for this kid.
King James
All Pro Elite Player

Post by King James »

I have a feeling this maybe our next franchise QB since Fran Tarktenton. We actually have a PROVEN QB now :D Am I dreaming?
Rus
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by Rus »

King James wrote:I have a feeling this maybe our next franchise QB since Fran Tarktenton. We actually have a PROVEN QB now :D Am I dreaming?
Not yet. A proven quarterback is one that has won games in the NFL. He's certainly proven himself over and over at the collegiate level, though.

I'd say he's the first franchise quarterback since Daunte. People forget Culpepper wasn't a bad quarterback at all until both of his knees were blown out. Prior to his injuries, he was one of the top quarterbacks in the league.

There's also Tommy Kramer as well.

None of that meant to disparage the Bridgewater pick, though. I consider it a great value pick where they got him. I think he's definitely a good player and definitely better than Ponder when Ponder came out. The best thing about the current situation is that Cassell is probably a better veteran quarterback right now than McNabb was. Plus, there are a lot of weapons on this offense and a much better offensive line.
-Rus