Vikings go old school weight program/ new tech meeting room

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

The Breeze
Hall of Fame Inductee

Re: Vikings go old school weight program/ new tech meeting r

Post by The Breeze »

meanwhile, in Seattle, they are doing yoga.........

i've been traveling the past couple of months with a yogini I met on Maui.....man, I feel great~
The Breeze
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by The Breeze »

Boon wrote: Is it bruce lee? lol
bruce lee is dead.......brah~
King James
All Pro Elite Player

Post by King James »

I don't get this whole old school vs new school thing. I think for athletes, free weights is the best way to go because free weights require you to use more energy. I think it will build better relationships amongst players seeing as they will have to spot each other during reps. It also produces better and faster results. I think machine weights are for every day people who just want to get in shape. I'm talking from personal experience though. I used both free weights and machine weights. I never felt like I was getting the proper workout with machines because they help you balance the weight as you're lifting.

I'm not saying that machine weights don't work but if you do machines I believe you're going to have to work twice as harder than you would do on free weights to produce similar results. I believe that's why Adrian Peterson is so strong. From what I seen, he was one of the hardest workers when they did use machine weights and it paid off. But many people won't work as hard as Peterson did. So free weights will force them to work hard anyway.
jackal
Strong Safety

Post by jackal »

To me the best method would be a multi-method answer...

Natural weights machines .. stretching and yoga

Martial arts training (Judo, Kenpo) and hand drills .. wood boards, eagle claw stretching machine, etc, etc
no one expects the Spanish Inquisition!