You won't see much of the Vikings in prime time

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

Mothman
Defensive Tackle

You won't see much of the Vikings in prime time

Post by Mothman »

Cliff
Site Admin

Re: You won't see much of the Vikings in prime time

Post by Cliff »

Here's hoping they release Sunday Ticket with madden for $99 again this season. That was an awesome deal.
King James
All Pro Elite Player

Post by King James »

Cliff wrote:Here's hoping they release Sunday Ticket with madden for $99 again this season. That was an awesome deal.
I wish the NFL would create an app that allows you to watch any team of your choosing for the regular season. Or they could put the NFL sunday ticket on an app. I'm pretty sure a lot of people would pay for that. I know I would. And I bet they will make more money doing that than subscribing to Direct TV or buying Madden.
bchviking60
Waterboy

Post by bchviking60 »

Living in Virginia, it is hard to see the Vikings play unless you go the bar or pay Direct TV. Last year, I started to stream the games live from England. It was the same feed that Fox provides to Direct TV, only on a 2 minute delay. I also use Chromecast to send the video from the laptop to my big screen TV. The cost was less that $30 for the year, for all of the games. Yes, it is legal.
Welsh Vike
Starter

Post by Welsh Vike »

I live in the UK and subscribe to the NFL's Game Pass. Every game streamed live for £90 ($120) for the entire season; can pick and choose whichever game I want to watch. It's a superb app, which I guess isn't offered to those of you in the States. Sorry, that is not a gloat, as I'd much prefer to be at Vikings home games rather than watching on the ipad.
King James
All Pro Elite Player

Post by King James »

Yeah the NFL game Pass is available for every country except United States and Mexico. Pretty lame if you ask me. Especially where I live, they don't show Vikings games unless we're playing Greenbay or its a Sunday/Monday/Thursday night football game. Since I live close to Atlanta, I get to see the crappy Falcons free of charge. Now on specially occasions like if the Falcons have a bye week or have a primetime game, I might see a Vikings game if they are playing Chicago.

NFL really needs to accommodate for fans who live outside of their favorite football team's area. I'm not buying direct TV or paying $100 for a video game just to watch an NFL game. They need to get with the program and bust out an app for people here in the states to use.
Cliff
Site Admin

Post by Cliff »

King James wrote: I wish the NFL would create an app that allows you to watch any team of your choosing for the regular season. Or they could put the NFL sunday ticket on an app. I'm pretty sure a lot of people would pay for that. I know I would. And I bet they will make more money doing that than subscribing to Direct TV or buying Madden.
That's exactly how I watched NFL Sunday ticket the past two seasons. I don't have Direct TV.

Last year the bundle that came with Madden allowed you to stream it to your computer or to the Sunday Ticket App. The year before that they allowed you to buy the subscription for PS3 for $150 which also gave access to the PC/APP version or a special PS3 app.
Cliff
Site Admin

Post by Cliff »

King James wrote: NFL really needs to accommodate for fans who live outside of their favorite football team's area. I'm not buying direct TV or paying $100 for a video game just to watch an NFL game. They need to get with the program and bust out an app for people here in the states to use.
The $100 for a video game is really secondary. If you consider that you're getting access to all of your team's games via PC/Tablet for $99 *and* the game it's a pretty great deal.
Crax
All Pro Elite Player

Post by Crax »

bchviking60 wrote:I started to stream the games live from England. It was the same feed that Fox provides to Direct TV, only on a 2 minute delay. I also use Chromecast to send the video from the laptop to my big screen TV. The cost was less that $30 for the year, for all of the games. Yes, it is legal.
More info on this please. I already have a chromecast and I've streamed some stuff through various means already. Where is the england stream at?
King James
All Pro Elite Player

Post by King James »

Cliff wrote: The $100 for a video game is really secondary. If you consider that you're getting access to all of your team's games via PC/Tablet for $99 *and* the game it's a pretty great deal.
Well considering now you have to a paid subscription to use the PSN (if you own a PS4) because I will assume soon that they will stop making games for the PS3 and convert to the PS4. And with Microsoft too.

That's just too much hassle for me. Not saying that I don't playing games but I'm speaking for ppl who may not own these game consoles.
Cliff
Site Admin

Post by Cliff »

King James wrote:
Well considering now you have to a paid subscription to use the PSN (if you own a PS4) because I will assume soon that they will stop making games for the PS3 and convert to the PS4. And with Microsoft too.

That's just too much hassle for me. Not saying that I don't playing games but I'm speaking for ppl who may not own these game consoles.
When they packaged Sunday Ticket last year with madden for $99 you could have bought it for any console. Or you could have thrown the actual game away and never played it. Didn’t matter.

The actual NFL Sunday ticket portion of the deal was accessible via a regular computer or an APP.

So in other words, the thing you just said you wanted;
I wish the NFL would create an app that allows you to watch any team of your choosing for the regular season. Or they could put the NFL sunday ticket on an app. I'm pretty sure a lot of people would pay for that.
What I’m telling you is that this was offered last year for $99 and came bundled with madden 25 … but you weren’t required to watch from a console or play Madden 25.
King James
All Pro Elite Player

Post by King James »

Hmmm if that's the case. I we'll see if the offer the same deal on the next madden. I kinda doubt they will, unless I missed the announcement already. The last madden was special because it marked the 25 years of the franchise being in existence. So no surprised it came with awesome deals such as that. That was the first time they ever done something like that I believe.
Cliff
Site Admin

Post by Cliff »

King James wrote:Hmmm if that's the case. I we'll see if the offer the same deal on the next madden. I kinda doubt they will, unless I missed the announcement already. The last madden was special because it marked the 25 years of the franchise being in existence. So no surprised it came with awesome deals such as that. That was the first time they ever done something like that I believe.
Yeah, I don't know if it'll only be a one time thing but I hope not. It was a great deal and I'd definitely pay for it again.
S197
Fenrir

Post by S197 »

Cliff wrote: Yeah, I don't know if it'll only be a one time thing but I hope not. It was a great deal and I'd definitely pay for it again.
Yup especially when you could sell the game back to Amazon or some other store lowering your average cost rather significantly. Really what the NFL needs to do is stop giving DirecTV a monopoly. I'll see if I can find another streaming deal again this year but it's likely it was a play by DirecTV to hook people in.
Cliff
Site Admin

Post by Cliff »

S197 wrote: Yup especially when you could sell the game back to Amazon or some other store lowering your average cost rather significantly. Really what the NFL needs to do is stop giving DirecTV a monopoly. I'll see if I can find another streaming deal again this year but it's likely it was a play by DirecTV to hook people in.
I think it's DirectTV considering selling Sunday Ticket to people outside of their membership. They'd still own the monopoly but get non-direct TV customers as well.

The NFL only has a mild incentive to take it away from Direct TV ... and sell it to someone else. The direct TV contract was worth 1 billion to the NFL ... sure is a lot easier to sell rights than set up streaming services, have support and engineering, etc, etc.

They're actually in contract talks right now ... but I still expect a monopoly to come out of it even if it's not Direct TV anymore.