Top-30 event

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

dead_poet
Commissioner

Top-30 event

Post by dead_poet »

Washington State safety Deone Bucannon to visit Vikings
Bucannon would be a good fit with the Vikings and appears to be a Day 2 pick. While Jamarca Sanford is returning, Andrew Sendejo and Kurt Coleman should have a shot to compete for Sanford's starting strong safety spot. Harrison Smith returns as well at free safety.

During the second half of last season, the Bengals used a three safety rotation under Mike Zimmer. Chris Crocker, who signed as a cornerback, shifted over to safety. It’s unknown whether Zimmer will implement that with the Vikings given the amount of injuries the Bengals had on defense at the time.

Back to Bucannon though, he was a first-team All-American last season. There have questions about his ability to drop in coverage, but he was impressive during Senior Bowl week. Bucannon has been known as an explosive hitter that also forced here fumbles last year. Bucannon had 114 tackles last season and six interceptions.

Listed at 6-1 and 211 pounds, Bucannon finished in the top three in every individual workout at the Combine among safeties.
http://www.startribune.com/sports/vikin ... 81341.html

Others attending: UCLA linebacker Anthony Barr, Louisville linebacker Preston Brown, Buffalo linebacker Khalil Mack, Boise State defensive end/linebacker Demarcus Lawrence and North Dakota State offensive lineman Billy Turner.
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly
HardcoreVikesFan
Hall of Famer

Re: Top-30 event

Post by HardcoreVikesFan »

I was trying to find previous years' Top 30s to see the correlation between being designated a Top 30 player by the team and whether or not the team actually drafted them. Alas, I could not find the Top 30 list from last year or from 2012.

I would be great to see the fill Top 30 list for this year and see who actually is drafted that appears on the list.
A Randy Moss fan for life. A Kevin Williams fan for life.
Texas Vike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Re: Top-30 event

Post by Texas Vike »

HardcoreVikesFan wrote:I was trying to find previous years' Top 30s to see the correlation between being designated a Top 30 player by the team and whether or not the team actually drafted them. Alas, I could not find the Top 30 list from last year or from 2012.

I would be great to see the fill Top 30 list for this year and see who actually is drafted that appears on the list.

Here's some info, but not a list.

http://www.startribune.com/sports/vikin ... 34505.html
http://blog.vikings.com/2012/04/03/viki ... day-nears/

From the latter, I found this to be apropos of your fruitless quest:
For sensitivity reasons, we won’t list the 30 players who’ve arrived at Winter Park. If the Vikings wanted people to know who was present at the Top 30 visit, they’d publish the names.