2014-2015 Master Injury Thread

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

Thaumaturgist
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Re: 2014-2015 Master Injury Thread

Post by Thaumaturgist »

dead_poet wrote::wallbang:
Man, when it rains, it pours!
Pseudo Everything
Transition Player

Post by Pseudo Everything »

dead_poet wrote::wallbang:
Time to bring up Chase Ford from the PS.

Wonder if Rudolph will get the IR With Designation tag. That would be 8 weeks but if we're talking surgery who knows how long it takes him to fully recover.

Nice timing on that big contract extension.
soflavike
Hall of Famer

Post by soflavike »

I feel bad for Rudolph, but it's really getting to the point of cutting bait with the big guy. He can't stay healthy and he has not lived up to expectations or the big contract.
A die-hard Vikings fan in South Florida
PurpleKoolaid
Hall of Famer

Post by PurpleKoolaid »

Too bad about Kyle. Talk about a short list of receivers for Teddy to have for his rookie season.
fiestavike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by fiestavike »

PurpleKoolaid wrote:Too bad about Kyle. Talk about a short list of receivers for Teddy to have for his rookie season.
Could we sign Reisner? I think the Patriots released him. Teddy certainly had a good connection with him during the preseason!
"You like that!"
-- Cap'n Spazz Cousins
PurpleKoolaid
Hall of Famer

Post by PurpleKoolaid »

Im sure Reisner or Ford (or both) will be playing next week.
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

@mattvensel -- Fun with injuries: Cassel "toe" injury became foot yesterday. Now Rudolph's groin injury is "core" and Fusco's "shoulder" is a "pec" injury.
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly
Purple bruise
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by Purple bruise »

Gotta love it :lol:
http://www.prosportsdaily.com/nfl/nfl-rumors.html
Lions confirm: Stephen Tulloch tore ACL celebrating
Pro Football Talk "It’s bad enough he was compared to a Gramatica. Now Stephen Tulloch has the entire season to plan his next celebration. The Lions confirmed that Tulloch tore his ACL yesterday while celebrating a sack, and would be placed on injured reserve. As difficult a break as it was, Lions coach Jim..." September 22
Do not mistake KINDNESS for WEAKNESS!

Best to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool rather than open it and remove all doubt.
frosted
Career Elite Player

Post by frosted »

Purple bruise wrote:Gotta love it :lol:
http://www.prosportsdaily.com/nfl/nfl-rumors.html
Lions confirm: Stephen Tulloch tore ACL celebrating
Pro Football Talk "It’s bad enough he was compared to a Gramatica. Now Stephen Tulloch has the entire season to plan his next celebration. The Lions confirmed that Tulloch tore his ACL yesterday while celebrating a sack, and would be placed on injured reserve. As difficult a break as it was, Lions coach Jim..." September 22
Come on now, nothing to love about a season ending injury, regardless of how it happened.
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

Chad Greenway - LB - Vikings

Vikings WLB Chad Greenway is now dealing with a fractured rib in addition to a fractured hand.

Greenway has played solid run defense through three weeks, so it would be a blow to Minnesota's defense were he forced to miss time. The Vikings would presumably turn to sophomore Gerald Hodges at weak-side linebacker.
Source: Mark Craig on Twitter
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly
frosted
Career Elite Player

Post by frosted »

dead_poet wrote:Chad Greenway - LB - Vikings

Vikings WLB Chad Greenway is now dealing with a fractured rib in addition to a fractured hand.

Greenway has played solid run defense through three weeks, so it would be a blow to Minnesota's defense were he forced to miss time. The Vikings would presumably turn to sophomore Gerald Hodges at weak-side linebacker.
Source: Mark Craig on Twitter
Hodges played very well yesterday, I thought. Too bad about Chad though.
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Post by PurpleMustReign »

soflavike wrote:I feel bad for Rudolph, but it's really getting to the point of cutting bait with the big guy. He can't stay healthy and he has not lived up to expectations or the big contract.

Well you're just ready to get rid of the entire team, aren't you...
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

The hits just keep coming.
@Andrew_Krammer -- Center John Sullivan had his right wrist taped up but wouldn't comment on the apparent injury #Vikings
Purple bruise
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by Purple bruise »

frosted21 wrote: Come on now, nothing to love about a season ending injury, regardless of how it happened.
Lighten up dude, I was laughing on how stupid it was that Tulloch, who is a constant "show off" hurt himself. Feel free to ignore my posts if they offend you. :wink:
Do not mistake KINDNESS for WEAKNESS!

Best to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool rather than open it and remove all doubt.
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Post by PurpleMustReign »

Purple bruise wrote: Lighten up dude, I was laughing on how stupid it was that Tulloch, who is a constant "show off" hurt himself. Feel free to ignore my posts if they offend you. :wink:

I thought it was hilarious. IT was funny when Gramatica did it, and funny when Tulluch did it. Idiots jump around like morons after a basic play and then get hurt. Just be happy you made the play and go back to the bench.
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018