2014-2015 Master Injury Thread

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Re: 2014-2015 Master Injury Thread

Post by PurpleMustReign »

Mothman wrote: ... or we could consider the possibility that a bunch of fans who watch the team once a week don't have a better idea of who should be playing than coaches who work with the players every day and who have been actively involved in football for years, even decades?
Last season there was fairly obvious talent on the bench with Patterson, Floyd, and others. I don't know about Yankey enough to know if he is or could be an upgrade. I am trusting Zimmer now because he has shown me progress in his six months more than Frazier ever did (my opinion). If Yankey isnt in there despite our lines horrific performance, tjere must be a reason.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Post by Mothman »

PurpleMustReign wrote:Last season there was fairly obvious talent on the bench with Patterson, Floyd, and others.
But it was rookie talent and they were rookies who were clearly still learning their roles. Floyd is a much better player now than he was early last season, when he was playing behind Kevin Williams (but still playing, not just sitting on the bench) and I think it's apparent, as we watch Patterson struggle to learn the split end position, that the Vikings probably weren't just blowing smoke last year when they felt he wasn't ready for a substantial role in the offense. They prepped him for what they wanted him to do and then, when they felt he was ready and asked him to do it, they got some really good production out of him.

When a team is losing, fans go looking for hope. It usually starts on the bench and then eventually, it becomes "we need a new coach". Now the new coach hasn't been able to turn the team into an immediate winner so we're back to the bench. It's the circle of... well, something. :)
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

Yankey was also pretty bad in limited preseason action. From all accounts he has a ways to go, technique-wise and I don't think he has particularly quick feet, which makes me very hesitant with the line already struggling in pass protection. YMMV.
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

Vikings head coach Mike Zimmer expects center John Sullivan and guard Vladimir Ducasse will be fine for Sunday’s road game against the Buccaneers.
http://blog.startribune.com/sports/acce ... own-health
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly
Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Post by Mothman »

dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

@Andrew_Krammer -- Mike Harris says he's the contingency plan at right guard if Vlad Ducasse can't play Sunday at Tampa Bay. #Vikings
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

:wallbang:
Just when it appeared the Vikings inched closer to reaching a fully healthy roster, cornerback Josh Robinson limped out of the start of Thursday’s practice.

Robinson suffered an ankle injury during individual drills in the open portion of practice to the media. He went over to the training table outside, attempting to walk it off, before heading inside to be evaluated.

“We’ll see,” Vikings coach Mike Zimmer said. “He wasn’t going very fast when he did it.”
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

Robinson was one of five players limited in practice. Center John Sullivan passed his concussion protocol and was active during individual drills, but sat out during a period against the defensive line.

Guard Vladimir Ducasse was upgraded to a full participant after injuring his knee against the Bills on Sunday. During the open portion, however, he got second-team reps. Joe Berger and Mike Harris received first-team reps at center and right guard.

“Everything is a little in flux with the injuries, so we’ll see,” said Zimmer of the offensive line starting positions.
http://www.startribune.com/sports/vikin ... 69722.html
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

@GoesslingESPN -- Kyle Rudolph is out, Gerald Hodges is doubtful, Antone Exum and Josh Robinson are questionable for Sunday's game. All others probable.
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

@GoesslingESPN -- Seems like a good possibility Joe Berger could start at right guard on Sunday. Did some first-team work this week.
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

@GoesslingESPN -- John Sullivan said his concussion happened when he got kneed in the head on Sunday. Fifth one he's had, he said.
Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Post by Mothman »

dead_poet wrote:

Yikes.
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

Vikings' John Sullivan wary of concussions, but not about his future

http://www.1500espn.com/sportswire/Viki ... ture102414
PurpleKoolaid
Hall of Famer

Post by PurpleKoolaid »

Wow 5? I had 3 while playing football. I also have a lot of brain stem issues, and I have had repeated MRI's of my brain. They can see the concussions, and the damage they cause, and can cause later on in life. That's why I think the NFL and owners should shell out MILLIONS for more research on safer helmets. Sully should really try and find another job, 5 is way too many.
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

@Andrew_Krammer 1m1 minute ago -- Price, Robison and Rudolph were DNPs. #Vikings