2014-2015 Master Injury Thread

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

dead_poet
Commissioner

2014-2015 Master Injury Thread

Post by dead_poet »

It sucks to kick this thing off during the offseason.
OG Josh Samuda suffered what looked like a gruesome ankle injury in workouts.
Didn't see it but OG Josh Samuda suffered an ankle injury during conditioning. Heard he was screaming in pain.No update on his status #Vikings
@MasterStrib & Andrew Krammer on Twitter
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly
dead_poet
Commissioner

Re: 2014-2015 Master Injury Thread

Post by dead_poet »

#Vikings lineman Josh Samuda fractured and dislocated his ankle during today's voluntary workout, per a source. Surgery in the AM.
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly
Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Post by Mothman »

dead_poet wrote:

Bummer. I hope he's a fast healer.
Purple bruise
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by Purple bruise »

Mothman wrote:
Bummer. I hope he's a fast healer.
Hmmmm might be one reason why all teams try to sign and bring in lots of players to not only compete but "back-fill" positions.
Do not mistake KINDNESS for WEAKNESS!

Best to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool rather than open it and remove all doubt.
HardcoreVikesFan
Hall of Famer

Post by HardcoreVikesFan »

Absolutely hate to see this stuff, especially when it is a guy who is out there competing for his NFL career. It makes you appreciate being healthy every day.
A Randy Moss fan for life. A Kevin Williams fan for life.
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

Josh Samuda - G - Vikings

Vikings G/C Josh Samuda (broken ankle) has also been diagnosed with a broken leg.

Per reporter Matt Vensel, Samuda could also have ligament damage. A fringe talent, the Vikings aren't going to wait on Samuda to get healthy. He should be waived/injured and stashed on injured reserve.
Source: Matt Vensel on Twitter
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Post by PurpleMustReign »

dead_poet wrote:Josh Samuda - G - Vikings

Vikings G/C Josh Samuda (broken ankle) has also been diagnosed with a broken leg.

Per reporter Matt Vensel, Samuda could also have ligament damage. A fringe talent, the Vikings aren't going to wait on Samuda to get healthy. He should be waived/injured and stashed on injured reserve.
Source: Matt Vensel on Twitter
Owie.

Sent from my SGH-T769 using Tapatalk
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
King James
All Pro Elite Player

Post by King James »

Sucks to hear that. I wish him the best of luck and speedy recovery.
Funkytown
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by Funkytown »

Minor update:

Vikings G/C Josh Samuda will be sidelined 9-10 months after fracturing his ankle and fibula, and damaging a deltoid ligament during Minnesota's offseason conditioning program.

He's a lock to spend 2014 on an injured list of some sort, or simply be released with an injury settlement. Samuda is a 2013 UDFA out of Massachusetts.

--Ben Goessling on Twitter
HardcoreVikesFan
Hall of Famer

Funkytown wrote:Minor update:

Vikings G/C Josh Samuda will be sidelined 9-10 months after fracturing his ankle and fibula, and damaging a deltoid ligament during Minnesota's offseason conditioning program.

He's a lock to spend 2014 on an injured list of some sort, or simply be released with an injury settlement. Samuda is a 2013 UDFA out of Massachusetts.

--Ben Goessling on Twitter
Damn. Ankle, fibula, and ligament damage? I wonder what the mechanism of injury was other than it being an accident?
Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Post by Mothman »

HardcoreVikesFan wrote:Damn. Ankle, fibula, and ligament damage? I wonder what the mechanism of injury was other than it being an accident?
I'm guessing it went something like this:

http://movieclips.com/oQBjK-the-naked-g ... -bad-luck/
HardcoreVikesFan
Hall of Famer

Mothman wrote: I'm guessing it went something like this:

http://movieclips.com/oQBjK-the-naked-g ... -bad-luck/
The Naked Gun! I loved those movies.

RIP Leslie Nielsen.
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

@USATODAYsports: Vikings left tackle Matt Kalil recovering from minor knee surgery: http://usat.ly/1mLHczx
http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nf ... 26725483=1
Funkytown
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by Funkytown »

Vikings LT Matt Kalil said he battled through a right knee injury that affected his play last season.

"It was some problems with my knee swelling up, becoming inflamed," Kalil said. "And that affected the way I move and stuff like that." It helps to explain the precipitous dropoff in play from Kalil's Pro-Bowl, rookie season. Kalil had the knee scoped this offseason and expects to be 100% by training camp.
--ESPN 1500 Twin Cities
Funkytown
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by Funkytown »

Vikings DT Linval Joseph is sitting out mandatory minicamp as he recovers from right-shoulder surgery.

Joseph underwent the operation prior to signing a five-year, $31.5 million deal in March. The team had previously said he was sitting out after undergoing a "procedure." The fact that the Vikes were willing to make such a large financial commitment to Joseph is an obvious sign they aren't concerned. Joseph should be ready for the beginning of camp.

Source: Master Tesfatsion on Twitter