Vikings sign S Kurt Coleman

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

Purple bruise
Hall of Fame Candidate

Re: Vikings sign S Kurt Coleman

Post by Purple bruise »

NextQuestion wrote:The problem with that nice tackle stat from 2012: Eagles defense was horrible. Guys like Nnamdi and DRC were getting absolutely torched and I wouldn't be surprised if most of these tackles were after CBs were burned.
I am not sure if you saw/care about this but I am impressed and so must be the Vikings to sign him. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k3_1JlWbDqo
Do not mistake KINDNESS for WEAKNESS!

Best to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool rather than open it and remove all doubt.
NextQuestion
Career Elite Player

Post by NextQuestion »

Yeah, this is cute with a bunch of tackles and pre season highlights. It's pure depth and ST kind of signing.
Pull yr 84 jerseys out.
Demi
Commissioner

Post by Demi »

Kurt Coleman says he turned down better deals to sign with Vikings
Coleman, a safety who signed with the Vikings last week, accepted a deal in Minnesota that pays a salary this year of $900,000, with nothing guaranteed. Coleman said both the Colts and the Jets offered him some guaranteed money, and that he got one offer with a higher base salary as well.

“But for me it was more important about finding the right opportunity and the right staff and an organization that believes in you,” Coleman told the Pioneer Press. “And I think in the long term I’m betting on myself to succeed, and I think I will. The money wasn’t there that I wanted, but that’s OK because I know that it will come around. . . . It’s about reasserting myself as a starter in this league and being a top performer as a safety.”

Even though the Vikings’ starting quarterbacks from last season, Harrison Smith and Jamarca Sanford, are still in Minnesota this year, Coleman believes there’s a better opportunity for him to have an impact in the Vikings’ defense than there would have been anywhere else.

“Of course, I want to start,” Coleman said. “I’m a competitor. I want to get out there and I want to start and I want to be the best player that I can be, and I think I have plenty more room to grow.”

If Coleman grows into a player who can contribute to the Vikings’ defense, then Minnesota got a great deal.
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... h-vikings/