Trading up to 2 for Bortles

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

AllDay
Rookie

Trading up to 2 for Bortles

Post by AllDay »

What do you guys think of this? Trading up to pick 2? If we give up that much I would be okay with it.

http://walterfootball.com/draft2014trades.php
AllDay
Rookie

Re: Trading up to 2 for Bortles

Post by AllDay »

I mean if it is that cheap to trade up I think getting the best QB is worth it.
Purple bruise
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by Purple bruise »

AllDay wrote:I mean if it is that cheap to trade up I think getting the best QB is worth it.
Problem is that in my opinion he is not the best QB in this draft. I would trade up a few spots to get JFB though.
Do not mistake KINDNESS for WEAKNESS!

Best to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool rather than open it and remove all doubt.
AllDay
Rookie

Post by AllDay »

But Zimmer hates Johnny, no way it happens. I think Bortles or Bridgewater is who we need to get.

Do you think at that price we should trade up?
Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Post by Mothman »

AllDay wrote:What do you guys think of this? Trading up to pick 2? If we give up that much I would be okay with it.

http://walterfootball.com/draft2014trades.php
I don't know where he gets the idea that the Vikings want Bortles badly enough to make that trade but I think it would be a foolish move. The cost is way too high for a player with Bortles' resumé. If I read that proposed trade correctly, the Vikings would be giving up their first three picks in this year's draft and a second round pick in 2015. That's too much for a QB who is far from a slam dunk to succeed in the NFL and not even clearly the best QB in this draft. Is Bortles really so much better as a prospect that he'd be worth an extra 3 draft high picks to acquire?
Purple bruise
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by Purple bruise »

AllDay wrote:But Zimmer hates Johnny, no way it happens. I think Bortles or Bridgewater is who we need to get.

Do you think at that price we should trade up?
Show me anywhere that says that Zimmer hates JFB :confused: You sir, sound like a rumor monger :wink:
Last edited by Purple bruise on Sun Apr 13, 2014 1:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Best to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool rather than open it and remove all doubt.
AllDay
Rookie

Post by AllDay »

Well personally I am not a Bridgewater fan. And, we aren't drafting Johnny Football. I like Bortles, don't love him but he has a lot of potential and I am willing to pay a lot of picks to get a franchise QB. But it is expensive and if they don't feel like he is the guy they may just sit tight at 8 and take BPA.
AllDay
Rookie

Post by AllDay »

Purple bruise wrote: Show me anywhere that says that Zimmer hates JFB :confused: You sir, sound like a rumor monger :wink:
He was on that Radio Station and said he doesn't like how he is a "celebrity".
Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Post by Mothman »

AllDay wrote:Well personally I am not a Bridgewater fan. And, we aren't drafting Johnny Football. I like Bortles, don't love him but he has a lot of potential and I am willing to pay a lot of picks to get a franchise QB. But it is expensive and if they don't feel like he is the guy they may just sit tight at 8 and take BPA.
I understand your hunger for a franchise QB but I just don't think Bortles has separated himself from the pack enough to justify a trade like that.
AllDay
Rookie

Post by AllDay »

So you would rather just wait and see who falls to 8?
Purple bruise
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by Purple bruise »

AllDay wrote: He was on that Radio Station and said he doesn't like how he is a "celebrity".
I highly doubt that he said that but even if he did you took away from that comment that Zimmer HATES him :roll:

AllDay
Rookie

Post by AllDay »

Purple bruise wrote: I highly doubt that he said that but even if he did you took away from that comment that Zimmer HATES him :roll:
It was big news! Usually coaches don't speak out on players.
Purple bruise
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by Purple bruise »

AllDay wrote: It was big news! Usually coaches don't speak out on players.
Show me a link please. And then answer my question as to if Zimmer stated that then how did you come away with the idea that he hates him :?:

MatteoSpace
Practice Squad

Post by MatteoSpace »

for
2014 second-round pick,
2014 third-round pick
2015 second-round pick

With this draft? Full of talents?

Madness
Mothman wrote: Is Bortles really so much better as a prospect that he'd be worth an extra 3 draft high picks to acquire?
I agree
AllDay wrote:So you would rather just wait and see who falls to 8?
:nono:

8, 40 and 72, with a draft that is full of talent

Take a LB, QB and CB/OG

Bortles doesn't guarantee anything.
Mothman wrote: I understand your hunger for a franchise QB but I just don't think Bortles has separated himself from the pack enough to justify a trade like that.
I agree 2.0
Sorry for my english, i'm trying to learn it
AllDay
Rookie

Post by AllDay »

Maybe I am just a bigger Bortles fan than most.

http://blog.chron.com/ultimatetexans/20 ... y-manziel/

Read between the lines, he hates Manziel.