Vikings open preseason at TCF Bank Stadium

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

dead_poet
Commissioner

Vikings open preseason at TCF Bank Stadium

Post by dead_poet »

The Vikings will host their first game at TCF Bank Stadium against the Raiders in Week 1 of the preseason schedule.

The NFL unveiled the entire preseason schedule on Wednesday. With times and dates on most games to be determined, here’s how the Vikings preseason schedule looks (date range of when the game will be played in parenthesis):

Week 1: vs. Oakland (Aug. 7-9)
Week 2: vs. Arizona (Aug. 14-16)
Week 3: at Kansas City (Aug. 21-23)
Week 4: at Tennessee (Aug. 28-29)

The Vikings do not have a nationally televised preseason game this year.
http://www.startribune.com/sports/vikin ... kings.html
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly
Eli
Hall of Famer

Re: Vikings open preseason at TCF Bank Stadium

Post by Eli »

The lack of A/C in early August is likely to be a bigger factor at TCF than playing late season games in the cold.
Texas Vike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by Texas Vike »

Eli wrote:The lack of A/C in early August is likely to be a bigger factor at TCF than playing late season games in the cold.

Yeah, cause AD, who resides in The Woodlands, TX, where it's over 90 and very humid for 5 months of the year, is going to be absolutely BLOWN AWAY by the crushing heat of the Twin Cities in August!

:lol:
Eli
Hall of Famer

Post by Eli »

Texas Vike wrote: Yeah, cause AD, who resides in The Woodlands, TX, where it's over 90 and very humid for 5 months of the year, is going to be absolutely BLOWN AWAY by the crushing heat of the Twin Cities in August!
Sorry, forgot for a moment that the Vikings have just one player. Peterson isn't likely to see ten snaps in the first two preseason games, so I think he can handle it.
Texas Vike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by Texas Vike »

Eli wrote: Sorry, forgot for a moment that the Vikings have just one player. Peterson isn't likely to see ten snaps in the first two preseason games, so I think he can handle it.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/team/roster/_/na ... ta-vikings

Most of our team played college ball in the south, as is true of a high percentage of NFL players. The heat in MN is not going to be a problem, Eli. I assure you.
Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Post by Mothman »

Texas Vike wrote:Most of our team played college ball in the south, as is true of a high percentage of NFL players. The heat in MN is not going to be a problem, Eli. I assure you.
It's a non-issue. The team trains in the summer heat every year and preseason games are held at night. Virtually nobody on the team is going to play 4 rigorous quarters of a game in the preseason and if Minnesota experiences a scorching August heat wave that keeps temps in the '90s well into the evening of a Vikings preseason game, I'm sure the team will be equipped to deal with it.
Eli
Hall of Famer

Post by Eli »

Nobody is going to drop dead. It's going to be miserable, though. As much or more so for fans as players.
Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Post by Mothman »

Eli wrote:Nobody is going to drop dead. It's going to be miserable, though. As much or more so for fans as players.
You're such a sunny guy, Eli. :)

As I said, the August games will be played at night. Temperatures routinely get into the '60s on August nights in Minneapolis so temps for an evening game could easily be in the 70s and quite comfortable. Sure, hot, humid, miserable game conditions are a possibility too but they're hardly guaranteed.
jackal
Strong Safety

Post by jackal »

Laughs we get in the 100s in October some years..
I will admit the humidity sucks back east..
no one expects the Spanish Inquisition!
KSViking
Veteran

Post by KSViking »

Looks like I get to hit up a Pre-Season game this year. Kansas City, and its the 3rd Pre-season game too, usually the one with the most "starters time".
Funkytown
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by Funkytown »

KSViking wrote:Looks like I get to hit up a Pre-Season game this year. Kansas City, and its the 3rd Pre-season game too, usually the one with the most "starters time".
Have fun. :D
Purple bruise
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by Purple bruise »

Do not mistake KINDNESS for WEAKNESS!

Best to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool rather than open it and remove all doubt.
King James
All Pro Elite Player

Post by King James »

Never did I think I see people concerned over the weather. I thought this is what Vikings fans wanted all along?! Outdoor football!
Eli
Hall of Famer

Post by Eli »

Has anyone heard how Gopher Stadium is looking for the Vikes? Just five days until they host the Raiders.