who is this A.P guy?

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

darrenjohn1989
Waterboy

who is this A.P guy?

Post by darrenjohn1989 »

Adrian said from his rookie year its A.D not a.p. ALL DAY give the man respect he's earned it. I have been correcting people since 2007 and it's getting tiring and seemin like an endless battle. Can y'all help me out and make me feel a little better.were all avid Vikings fans here.
Purple bruise
Hall of Fame Candidate

Re: who is this A.P guy?

Post by Purple bruise »

darrenjohn1989 wrote:Adrian said from his rookie year its A.D not a.p. ALL DAY give the man respect he's earned it. I have been correcting people since 2007 and it's getting tiring and seemin like an endless battle. Can y'all help me out and make me feel a little better.were all avid Vikings fans here.
Sorry son it is you self appointed "duty" to correct everyone about AD/AP. You have been doing your task since 2007 and now you have joined the VMB to get us all enlightened. Thank you for your hard work :wink:
Do not mistake KINDNESS for WEAKNESS!

Best to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool rather than open it and remove all doubt.
AP_AD28
Rookie

Post by AP_AD28 »

Adrian said from his rookie year its A.D
thats AD to you, sir. not Adrian.

I think I got this :thumbsup:
IrishViking
All Pro Elite Player

Post by IrishViking »

AP are his initials. AD is his chosen nickname. They only way people are wrong is if they say AP is his nickname. I refer to him as AP simply because those are his initials, I only referred to retired players by their nick names, just a habit.
Texas Vike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by Texas Vike »

darrenjohn1989 wrote:Adrian said from his rookie year its A.D not a.p. ALL DAY give the man respect he's earned it. I have been correcting people since 2007 and it's getting tiring and seemin like an endless battle. Can y'all help me out and make me feel a little better.were all avid Vikings fans here.

Of all the world's problems, THIS is the one that keeps you up at night? Different strokes for different folks, I guess.
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Post by PurpleMustReign »

Texas Vike wrote:
Of all the world's problems, THIS is the one that keeps you up at night? Different strokes for different folks, I guess.
I agree with him, actually. I hate when people call him AP. My friend does it and it frustrates me to no end.
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
KSViking
Veteran

Post by KSViking »

I refer to him as AP. Its not disrespectful, Walter Payton was "Sweetness" but was called by his real name, initials, first name, or just his last name by many people.

What a waste of a thread
S197
Fenrir

Post by S197 »

Most here know he has the AD nickname but I wouldn't be surprised to find out fans from other teams calling him otherwise. I don't know the nickname of {insert just about any player from any other team here}.
Webbfann
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Webbfann »

I think AD is stupid so he's AP AFAIC. AP may not realize his initials are AP.
Texas Vike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by Texas Vike »

PurpleMustReign wrote: I agree with him, actually. I hate when people call him AP. My friend does it and it frustrates me to no end.
First world problems.
Just Me
Hall of Famer

Post by Just Me »

We all have our "crosses to bear." Mine is when people refer to Chris (sic) Carter... :wink:

(Can I just call him #28?) :P
I've told people a million times not to exaggerate!
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Post by PurpleMustReign »

Webbfann wrote:I think AD is stupid so he's AP AFAIC. AP may not realize his initials are AP.

What the hell was that for? Get off of your high horse and go to Carolina with Joe Webb.

Sent from my SGH-T769 using Tapatalk
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
Webbfann
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Webbfann »

PurpleMustReign wrote:
What the hell was that for? Get off of your high horse and go to Carolina with Joe Webb.

Sent from my SGH-T769 using Tapatalk
High horse? Maybe I wasn't clear. My first sentence isn't meant to say Adrian is stupid, just that the name AD is stupid. My second sentence is recognition that when Adrian speaks, highly intelligent content is rarely what comes out.
King James
All Pro Elite Player

Post by King James »

I don't think it matters. I don't think Adrian Peterson is going to lose any sleep when some calls him A.P. I mean those are his initials. You don't have to call him AD if you don't want to. That man is making millions of dollars, and I bet he has haters out there who probably have called him worst. You have to literally have no life if you seriously get bugged out when someone calls Peterson, "A.P."
Funkytown
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by Funkytown »

Texas Vike wrote:First world problems.
Right on.

:point: