2014 Free Agent Tracker & Discussion

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Re: 2014 Free Agent Tracker & Discussion

Post by Mothman »

Slick Rick wrote:I'd be kind of surprised if Sanford started again, but I wouldn't be shocked. He's such a liability in coverage. I realize he's good in the box and everything, but I'm not sure whether or not that's the type of thing that Zimmer's going to want or not. Hoping they get someone a little more well rounded at safety. Maybe Bishop or Exum. If it's Sanford I'm sure he'd be in that enforcer role, but that's usually more of a zone coverage type of thing. We're going to be playing quite a bit of press, and having another safety who can cover (or even move up into the slot and cover, who knows) would be nice to have.
It would and as you indicated, the choice may depend on who fits the scheme best. I'm just not sure if any of the other safeties on the roster will be good enough to actually to take way the job away from Sanford. the competition for that position should be interesting to watch this summer.
I could see Wooton being a DT in nickel sets as well. Not sure if he'll beat Crichton out for that job, they kind of seem like similar players, but I wouldn't be surprised at all if he won that job over Crichton.
I figure they signed him for a reason but they drafted Crichton for a reason too. They'll probably both see quite a bit of action. It really looks like one of the team's primary goals this offseason was to build an effective d-line rotation.
Slick Rick
Transition Player

Post by Slick Rick »

http://www.vikings.com/media-vault/vide ... 134619edc5

3-tech was pretty awful for us last year, and having Floyd step up would be huge.
Funkytown
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by Funkytown »

Randle continued to make himself a hero to Vikings fans on Tuesday when he revealed he actually turned down a tryout opportunity with the Packers because of his love for the Vikings.

--BRADLEY RANDLE @VIKINGS_Rebel HAHAHAHAHAHAHAH The Packers called my agent for a workout, don't they see it's #SKOL For life --

The kid either has reason to believe he will be rejoining the Vikings again soon or he is truly a rebel like his Twitter handle suggests. Perhaps maybe, just maybe, he’s just a little insane.

Whatever the case may be, though, he is certainly loyal and continuing to earn brownie points with the purple faithful.
http://vikingsterritory.com/2014/specul ... n-favorite

LOVE. :clap:
King James
All Pro Elite Player

Post by King James »

That's crazy. Unless he has other visits planned or is done with football, that is a stupid thing to do. I would go workout for the Packers in a heart beat. It's business, not personnel. It's a job. If I made the team, I'd give my best game except games against the Vikings. :wink:
Slick Rick
Transition Player

Post by Slick Rick »

:lol: I LOVE IT! He's like a fan who happens to play football.
Eli
Hall of Famer

Post by Eli »

Randle also tweets a lot about Greg Jennings. I have a feeling that their relationship may also have something to do with that decision.
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Post by PurpleMustReign »

Who the hell is Bradley Randle?
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
PacificNorseWest
Career Elite Player

Post by PacificNorseWest »

PurpleMustReign wrote:Who the hell is Bradley Randle?
Exactly what I'm thinking. :lol:
King James
All Pro Elite Player

Post by King James »

I thought Bradley Randle looked pretty good last year during the preseason but our RB position is loaded so I figured it would take a miracle for him to make the roster. I think he made the practice squad. He was one of the few camp bodies who I wanted to make the final 53.
Eli
Hall of Famer

Post by Eli »

Randle is 5'7" 190 lbs. When the Vikings took the 5'9" McKinnon in the 3rd round, the role of scatback was filled and Randle is unlikely to return, even on the practice squad. He would have been wise to take that visit with the Packers.
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Post by PurpleMustReign »

Adrianpeterson28mvp wrote: Takes about the same time to make a post as it does to click and read the article provided, which whaddaya know, answers your question. Just because his name isn't Adrian Peterson, doesn't mean you should let ignorance force you to miss out on a good read! :D
Sorry, your highness.

Sent from my SGH-T769 using Tapatalk
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
Funkytown
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by Funkytown »

ESPN - Giants release QB Josh Freeman, a little more than a month after signing him
Webbfann
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Webbfann »

Funkytown wrote:ESPN - Giants release QB Josh Freeman, a little more than a month after signing him

:shock: Guess he really impressed them.
Eli
Hall of Famer

Post by Eli »

Webbfann wrote: Guess he really impressed them.
Wasn't much room for him. They have their franchise QB in Eli Manning, just drafted a 4th rounder in Ryan Nassib, and they have the veteran Curtis Painter, who was with him all of last year, as a backup. I wouldn't be surprised if Freeman asked for his own release.
mondry
Hall of Famer

Post by mondry »

I still don't get why they signed him anyway, they of all teams should have had a pretty good look first hand at what the dude has become... But if he couldn't beat out curtis painter who was the guy that blew chunks while the colts went 2-14 or whatever (suck for luck?) then wow.