Vikings Officially Hire Norv Turner as OC

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

Funkytown
Hall of Fame Inductee

Re: Vikings Officially Hire Norv Turner as OC

Post by Funkytown »

HardcoreVikesFan wrote: Mike Mayock is the name you are looking for.
Mike Mayock is someone I can listen to all day. He actually has a clue. :lol: I feel like I learn stuff when he's talking. He's one of my faves.
S197
Fenrir

Post by S197 »

Mothman wrote:I guess I'm in the minority. I like PA (Bercich too). :)
I like PA on the radio. After watching some of the replay on NFLN (original cast had Oakland announcers) it did sound like he had about 5 red bulls too many. He seemed extra wired for that game. Still better than the Oakland announcers though, half the time they had no idea what was going on.
Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Post by Mothman »

S197 wrote: I like PA on the radio. After watching some of the replay on NFLN (original cast had Oakland announcers) it did sound like he had about 5 red bulls too many. He seemed extra wired for that game. Still better than the Oakland announcers though, half the time they had no idea what was going on.

It's been a long offseason and we're all pretty pumped for Vikings football. Maybe he was really pumped up for it!

I like him on the radio too but other than the occasional preseason game broadcast, that's basically my only experience with him. I listen to a lot of Vikings games during the season when I can't get them on TV and I actually think he does a very good job of "painting a picture", as radio announcers are supposed to do. That radio style can seem like serious overkill on a TV broadcast, which is why simulcasts aren't the best idea, but I think he's a good radio play-by-play guy.
DK Sweets
Career Elite Player

Post by DK Sweets »

Mothman wrote:

It's been a long offseason and we're all pretty pumped for Vikings football. Maybe he was really pumped up for it!

I like him on the radio too but other than the occasional preseason game broadcast, that's basically my only experience with him. I listen to a lot of Vikings games during the season when I can't get them on TV and I actually think he does a very good job of "painting a picture", as radio announcers are supposed to do. That radio style can seem like serious overkill on a TV broadcast, which is why simulcasts aren't the best idea, but I think he's a good radio play-by-play guy.
I couldn't agree more. Before catching the games on TV was a possibility, PA gave me the next best thing. His excitement was contagious and I felt like I had a fairly solid idea of what was happening on the field. I can't believe so many people are trashing him right now.
Demi
Commissioner

Post by Demi »

DKSweets wrote: I couldn't agree more. Before catching the games on TV was a possibility, PA gave me the next best thing. His excitement was contagious and I felt like I had a fairly solid idea of what was happening on the field. I can't believe so many people are trashing him right now.
What was going on on the field? If you listen to him you have NO idea. now and then? Fine. But listening to him for an entire game? He goes as far as making excuses for bad play. :wallbang:

He's ok, if you want everything positive. But after that first game. Even other KFAN personalities are taking flak for not apologizing for players. He pushes excitement for touchbacks because BAM it's a Viking.

Speaking of announcers, Mike Goldberg of UFC fame is going to work an NFL preseason game (has some nfl experience in the past) for the Vikings/Bills game. Wonder if we'll get that crew. Or if they'll force feed us Mr. Purple?
Purpnation
Franchise Player

Post by Purpnation »

I think PA is a loud mouth moron. :lol:

I'll also never understand his "This isn't Detroit man, this is the SuperBowl!" comment during the 2009 NFCCG.
DK Sweets
Career Elite Player

Post by DK Sweets »

Demi wrote:What was going on on the field? If you listen to him you have NO idea. now and then? Fine. But listening to him for an entire game? He goes as far as making excuses for bad play. :wallbang:
Well, it's kind of hard to describe 22 men running around a field in picture perfect detail :wink:
Purpnation wrote:I think PA is a loud mouth moron. :lol:

I'll also never understand his "This isn't Detroit man, this is the SuperBowl!" comment during the 2009 NFCCG.
The Lions went 0-16 the previous year. It was alluding to the fact that we always nealry choked against a bad team, and he was saying we were about to choke out of the Super Bowl.
PurpleKoolaid
Hall of Famer

Post by PurpleKoolaid »

HardcoreVikesFan wrote: Mike Mayock is the name you are looking for.
Yeah, that's it. Thanks. He may be my favorite ever, along with his draft pick predictions