Vikings VS Packers Predictions

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

Sinatra
Starter

Re: Vikings VS Packers Predictions

Post by Sinatra »

Orion wrote:Historically though we put good pressure and hit and sack him a couple times. A few hard hits and McCarthy might decide it's not worth to risk Rodgers getting say a concussion especially if we're winning and GB sees that SF is blowing out Arizona and will probably win that game.
If the Packers win, they get the #2 seed regardless of what the 49'ers do. So there's no chance Rodgers gets pulled.
S197
Fenrir

Post by S197 »

VltrophyXLV wrote:Smack talk is 1/2 the fun.
There's also a section for it and this isn't it.
VltrophyXLV
Practice Squad

Post by VltrophyXLV »

Purple bruise wrote:Let's not discount what a choke job those 15-1 Packers pulled off at home last year :P
I think that the Vikes will win the game and with the Packer's less than good run defense AD will have a huge day. My main concern is Matthews. He did not play last time and he is a factor. Additionaly which J. Allen shows up.
Do not lose sight of the fact that the Packers have the most erratic PK in the league and the Vikes have the best (this could be a huge factor).
So naysayers beware the Vikes are on a roll :thumbsup:
Lets not forget that the last time u guys beat us was when Favre was ur QB. That was 3 yrs ago. We beat u guys this week & we will have went 6-0 in our div 2 straight years.
VltrophyXLV
Practice Squad

Post by VltrophyXLV »

Demi wrote:Now THIS is the way to end a season.

Ponder gets hurt. Joe Webb comes in, TEARS IT UP! 30-17 VIKINGS! AD sets record against Packers! :ripple:
Joe Webb is much better when getting out of the pocket & running but the last couple years he's only played a handful of games. He's a good but not good enough to be much of a threat.
VltrophyXLV
Practice Squad

Post by VltrophyXLV »

Orion wrote:After beating Houston in this fashion, against all odds, how can some of you guys choose the Packers over the Vikings????? Sure, I understand becoming cynical, but let's be practical here. What works in the Vikings favor is.....

-Riding on a 3 game winning streak and strong playing by our defense and improved offense
-Playing in the Metrodome where the crowd will be going WILD
-Packers might be playing for a first round bye, but our defense typically puts tough pressure on Rodgers, and if Allen and Robison hit and sack Rodgers a few times, I would NOT be surprised if Rodgers is pulled in maybe even at halftime to not risk him getting a concussion or similar injury. In fact I would be shocked if Rodgers isn't pulled if he starts to get hit hard early.
-Randall Cobb, arguably the Packer's best receiver and also solid kick returner, left the game today with an ankle injury and didn't return. Even if he's well enough to play next Sunday, I would be surprised if he isn't benched and rested for the playoffs. Or maybe benched some time in the game.
Packers have also won 9 out of the last 10 games
Cobb looks as if he'll be able to play this Sunday
IMO the only way the Packers pull Rodgers is if we're beating u guys like we beat the Titans. That's not likely we beat u guys by 48 pts. It'll be a close game Packers by 14
Orion
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Orion »

The Packers look due for an implosion and I could see this game turning into a disaster for GB: sacks, forced fumbles and/or interceptions, and maybe AD breaks out. Don't forget our defense is good and hot right now and will be going at Erin with everything they've got. I liked the defensive calling against Houston and risky blitz's that paid off and hopefully Vikings will do so against GB.

And sure, the Packers will be playing hard for the 2 seed, but not NEARLY as hard as the Vikings will for a playoff berth and a chance to continue playing football The Viking's drive is on a different level than the Packer's. And it is dangerous to face such a team.

Also, this game could come down to Blair Walsh and his ability to kick 50+ yard field goals. Adds flexibility to the offense too.
When you're born, you get a ticket to the freak show. When you're born in America, you get a front row seat.
Hunter Morrow
Hall of Famer

Post by Hunter Morrow »

Blair Walsh missed one at Lambeau and one at Ford Field and Soldier Field. The Packers will not be so lucky this time. Walsh has never missed at the Metrodome. Crosby could miss and Blair Walsh could jack some MONSTER 40 and 50 yarders at home.

In a close game with two teams playing well with playoff implications, my edge goes to the home team with the superior place kicker.

Vikings 24-Packers 20
admvp
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by admvp »

Sinatra wrote:And yet Vikings fans are optimistic because of one good game last week. Essentially, a one game trend. So that argument swings both ways.
Three good games in a row, not one. Last week was the best of the bunch, but we've played pretty well our past three, especially defensively.
Sinatra wrote:I'm not selling the Vikings short. I've been spot-on about them all year. When they were 4-1 and 5-2, I said they were going to regress and would be fortunate to even make the playoffs. And I was right -- they've gone 4-4 since and have to win next week against a team they haven't beat in three years to make the playoffs.
You weren't the only one prepared for regression when we were 5-2. I knew as well as you (and I think most Vikings fans) that we'd been playing over our heads. I mean, we beat Detroit without scoring an offensive touchdown. Not exactly a consistent winning formula. Anyway, to my next point: You say 4-4 in our last 8 and call it regression. I say 1-4 in a 5 game stretch and call that regression, and then I say 3-0 in our last 3 and call it the Vikings getting hot at the right time. I'm just saying there are two (or more) different ways to look at this.

You are correct, however, in saying that we'd be fortunate to make the playoffs. I agree we'd be quite fortunate to win this week. Let me reinforce this: I do not think we'll win this week either. But I think we have a far stronger chance to win than what you are giving us.
PurpleKoolaid
Hall of Famer

Post by PurpleKoolaid »

JA is so overdue on sacks. Any rookie can get hurries, or holding calls. But few DEs ever scared a QB like JA did. Esp. Rogers. JA used to light him up. Maybe at the Dome JA descides to show the NFL world his 22 sacks last year were no fluke.
VltrophyXLV
Practice Squad

Post by VltrophyXLV »

There is a slim chance that even w/a Vikings loss they still have a chance to make the playoffs w/a loss by the following teams. Bears Cowboys & NYGs & the Vikes make the playoffs
Orion
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Orion »

^^ Yep, going to be rooting hard for Detroit and Philadelphia before the Vikings game. I doubt both will lose, but it's certainly a possibility and I'll take any path as long as it leads into the playoffs ( although it would be nice getting in with a solid win over first string GB).
When you're born, you get a ticket to the freak show. When you're born in America, you get a front row seat.
Purple Domination
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Purple Domination »

Packers fans talking some smack about this very thread:

http://www.packerforum.com/threads/viki ... ame.41963/

I think the green and gold are in for some disappointment the next two Sundays! 34 20 Vikings this Sunday. 24 21 Vikings next Sunday. :smilevike:
Purple bruise
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by Purple bruise »

VltrophyXLV wrote: Lets not forget that the last time u guys beat us was when Favre was ur QB. That was 3 yrs ago. We beat u guys this week & we will have went 6-0 in our div 2 straight years.
Good for you but what did that get you again :?: Oh yeah, a first game bye then the ultimate homefield "choke job" :lol:
Do not mistake KINDNESS for WEAKNESS!

Best to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool rather than open it and remove all doubt.
Just Me
Hall of Famer

Post by Just Me »

VltrophyXLV wrote:We beat u guys this week & we will have went 6-0 in our div 2 straight years.
To say it another way: Your team has swept the division once, in the 15-1 season. IF your team wins, it will be twice. They will be facing a motivated Vikings squad that plays much tougher at home than on the road. The Vikings haven't lost to a divisional opponent when playing at home this year. This includes a Bears team that handed us our lunch when we played in Chicago, but found it tougher going in the dome. I don't think the Vikings will fare as well at Lambeau if/when we face off in the Wild Card week-end, but in the playoffs, anything might happen. Next Sunday though, I think home field will make the difference and the Vikings will secure their playoff spot. :v):
I've told people a million times not to exaggerate!
jackal
Strong Safety

Post by jackal »

Vikings 28
Packers 24

Peterson Gets 235 yards in the game and breaks the record !!

SKOL
no one expects the Spanish Inquisition!