Vikings VS Packers Predictions

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

Dark
Transition Player

Vikings VS Packers Predictions

Post by Dark »

To keep our playoff hopes alive, we are going to need to beat the Packers. My Prediction:
Vikings 17
Packers 20
I think we lose this one in overtime. Packers are just too good.
ADMVP & CCHOF
Just Me
Hall of Famer

Re: Vikings VS Packers Predictions

Post by Just Me »

Dark wrote:To keep our playoff hopes alive, we are going to need to beat the Packers. My Prediction:
Vikings 17
Packers 20
I think we lose this one in overtime. Packers are just too good.
Better than the Texans? Nope. Not even close.

30-17 Vikings. Take it to the bank.... :smilevike:
I've told people a million times not to exaggerate!
Noxage
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Noxage »

Better than the Texan's? Nope. Not even close.
Did you see them play the Texans?

The Packers are a superior team largely because they have the best player in the league on their team (unfortunately).
Orion
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Orion »

Looks like the Giants will lose, which means a Vikings win over GB guarantees them a playoff spot.

Vikings 24
Packers 14

The Metrodome will be ROCKING and also for AP to get 208 yards to break the record. Vikings almost beat GB at Lambeau and they're riding on a 3 game winning streak AND a huge, statement win in Houston. I give the Vikings the edge in this game. GB will be playing for a playoff spot, but the Vikings are playing for more and the crowd will be going insane.
When you're born, you get a ticket to the freak show. When you're born in America, you get a front row seat.
Demi
Commissioner

Post by Demi »

Now THIS is the way to end a season.

Ponder gets hurt. Joe Webb comes in, TEARS IT UP! 30-17 VIKINGS! AD sets record against Packers! :ripple:
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Post by PurpleMustReign »

GB 24
MIN 20

BUT we still get into the playoffs :)
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
Lash Man
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by Lash Man »

Demi wrote:Now THIS is the way to end a season.

Ponder gets hurt. Joe Webb comes in, TEARS IT UP! 30-17 VIKINGS! AD sets record against Packers! :ripple:
Wow wishing aViking gets hurt ! Your a class act :steamed:
LETS GO VIKINGS ! :rock:
Dark
Transition Player

Post by Dark »

80 PurplePride 84 wrote:Being a Vikings fan has made me cynical over the years i'm not getting my hopes up.
I couldn't agree more. My prediction was 20-17 we lose because of a total let down. It's a typical viking act.
ADMVP & CCHOF
Demi
Commissioner

Post by Demi »

Lash Man wrote: Wow wishing aViking gets hurt ! Your a class act :steamed:
Wishing? This is a prediction thread! :wallbang:
Being a Vikings fan has made me cynical over the years I'm not getting my hopes up.
I remember in 09 at the end of the year we were tearing it up, guy said he'd believe we had a chance at the super bowl if we could just go into Carolina and beat the Panthers...a game we should have won, and we managed to blow that. And choke away home field in two road losses int he last three games.

If we can beat our arch rivals, at home, this week, and EARN a playoff spot riding high going into the playoffs, it will go a LOOOONG way towards easing my A.V.A.T.A.R. (Aggravated Vikings Anticipatory Tramautic Abandonment Reaction) and even give me some real hope for the future of this team. This is the type of game Vikings teams for decades would go out and lay an egg in crushing the rising hopes of Vikings fans everywhere. This is a statement game, this is the type of game you turn around a franchise's culture of losing. This is where they can set the bar higher than just going .500 over long periods of time. Up and down. Backing into the playoffs. Squeaking out a solid, but unspectacular season.

Time for this team to put up, or shut up. You have a team at home in what should be a close game. Put on your man pants and whoop some assssss!!!!
Last edited by Demi on Sun Dec 23, 2012 8:41 pm, edited 3 times in total.
HardcoreVikesFan
Hall of Famer

Post by HardcoreVikesFan »

Lash Man wrote: Wow wishing aViking gets hurt ! Your a class act :steamed:
Jeez. I am fairly sure Demi was just being sarcastic...

BTW, it is you're.
A Randy Moss fan for life. A Kevin Williams fan for life.
Lash Man
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by Lash Man »

HardcoreVikesFan wrote: Jeez. I am fairly sure Demi was just being sarcastic...

BTW, it is you're.
Ok point taken ! and thanks for the grammar correction !
Lash Man
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by Lash Man »

Demi wrote: Wishing? This is a prediction thread! :wallbang:
I remember in 09 at the end of the year we were tearing it up, guy said he'd believe we had a chance at the super bowl if we could just go into Carolina and beat the Panthers...a game we should have won, and we managed to blow that. And choke away home field in two road losses int he last three games.

If we can beat our arch rivals, at home, this week, and EARN a playoff spot riding high going into the playoffs, it will go a LOOOONG way towards easing my A.V.A.T.A.R. (Aggravated Vikings Anticipatory Tramautic Abandonment Reaction) and even give me some real hope for the future of this team. This is the type of game Vikings teams for decades would go out and lay an egg in crushing the rising hopes of Vikings fans everywhere. This is a statement game, this is the type of game you turn around a franchise's culture of losing. This is where they can set the bar higher than just going .500 over long periods of time. Up and down. Backing into the playoffs. Squeaking out a solid, but unspectacular season.

Time for this team to put up, or shut up. You have a team at home in what should be a close game. Put on your man pants and whoop some assssss!!!!
Sorry for the comment Demi !
Lash Man
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by Lash Man »

I think we should play well at home but it won't be easy stopping Rogers he's been red hot lately .
Just Me
Hall of Famer

Post by Just Me »

Noxage wrote: Did you see them play the Texans?
I did. Any given Sunday, and all that. And they demolished the Titans today. I still don't think they are a better all-around team than the Texans.
The Packers are a superior team largely because they have the best player in the league on their team (unfortunately).
Then why aren't they the number 1 seed?
I've told people a million times not to exaggerate!
Dark
Transition Player

Post by Dark »

Just to clear things up, do we make the playoffs if we beat the packers next week? Also, if we lose, what needs to happen in order for us to make the playoffs?
ADMVP & CCHOF