View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Sep 18, 2014 8:45 pm

Reply to topic  [ 149 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Vikings VS Packers Predictions 
Transition Player

Post Vikings VS Packers Predictions
To keep our playoff hopes alive, we are going to need to beat the Packers. My Prediction:
Vikings 17
Packers 20
I think we lose this one in overtime. Packers are just too good.

Sun Dec 23, 2012 5:57 pm
Hall of Famer

Post Re: Vikings VS Packers Predictions
Dark wrote:
To keep our playoff hopes alive, we are going to need to beat the Packers. My Prediction:
Vikings 17
Packers 20
I think we lose this one in overtime. Packers are just too good.

Better than the Texans? Nope. Not even close.

30-17 Vikings. Take it to the bank.... :smilevike:

Sun Dec 23, 2012 6:37 pm
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Quote:
Better than the Texan's? Nope. Not even close.

Did you see them play the Texans?

The Packers are a superior team largely because they have the best player in the league on their team (unfortunately).

Sun Dec 23, 2012 6:38 pm
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Looks like the Giants will lose, which means a Vikings win over GB guarantees them a playoff spot.

Vikings 24
Packers 14

The Metrodome will be ROCKING and also for AP to get 208 yards to break the record. Vikings almost beat GB at Lambeau and they're riding on a 3 game winning streak AND a huge, statement win in Houston. I give the Vikings the edge in this game. GB will be playing for a playoff spot, but the Vikings are playing for more and the crowd will be going insane.

Sun Dec 23, 2012 6:43 pm
Commissioner

Now THIS is the way to end a season.

Ponder gets hurt. Joe Webb comes in, TEARS IT UP! 30-17 VIKINGS! AD sets record against Packers! :ripple:

Sun Dec 23, 2012 6:46 pm
Starting Wide Receiver

GB 24
MIN 20

BUT we still get into the playoffs :)

Purple Pride till I die!

Sun Dec 23, 2012 7:02 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Hall of Fame Candidate

Demi wrote:

Ponder gets hurt. Joe Webb comes in, TEARS IT UP! 30-17 VIKINGS! AD sets record against Packers! :ripple:

Wow wishing aViking gets hurt ! Your a class act :steamed:

Sun Dec 23, 2012 7:11 pm
Transition Player

80 PurplePride 84 wrote:
Being a Vikings fan has made me cynical over the years i'm not getting my hopes up.

I couldn't agree more. My prediction was 20-17 we lose because of a total let down. It's a typical viking act.

Sun Dec 23, 2012 8:34 pm
Commissioner

Lash Man wrote:
Demi wrote:

Wishing? This is a prediction thread! :wallbang:

Quote:
Being a Vikings fan has made me cynical over the years I'm not getting my hopes up.

I remember in 09 at the end of the year we were tearing it up, guy said he'd believe we had a chance at the super bowl if we could just go into Carolina and beat the Panthers...a game we should have won, and we managed to blow that. And choke away home field in two road losses int he last three games.

If we can beat our arch rivals, at home, this week, and EARN a playoff spot riding high going into the playoffs, it will go a LOOOONG way towards easing my A.V.A.T.A.R. (Aggravated Vikings Anticipatory Tramautic Abandonment Reaction) and even give me some real hope for the future of this team. This is the type of game Vikings teams for decades would go out and lay an egg in crushing the rising hopes of Vikings fans everywhere. This is a statement game, this is the type of game you turn around a franchise's culture of losing. This is where they can set the bar higher than just going .500 over long periods of time. Up and down. Backing into the playoffs. Squeaking out a solid, but unspectacular season.

Time for this team to put up, or shut up. You have a team at home in what should be a close game. Put on your man pants and whoop some assssss!!!!

Last edited by Demi on Sun Dec 23, 2012 8:41 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Sun Dec 23, 2012 8:34 pm
Hall of Famer

Lash Man wrote:
Demi wrote:

Jeez. I am fairly sure Demi was just being sarcastic...

BTW, it is you're.

Sun Dec 23, 2012 8:36 pm
Hall of Fame Candidate

HardcoreVikesFan wrote:
Lash Man wrote:
Demi wrote:

Jeez. I am fairly sure Demi was just being sarcastic...

BTW, it is you're.

Ok point taken ! and thanks for the grammar correction !

Sun Dec 23, 2012 8:52 pm
Hall of Fame Candidate

Demi wrote:
Lash Man wrote:
Demi wrote:

Wishing? This is a prediction thread! :wallbang:

Quote:
Being a Vikings fan has made me cynical over the years I'm not getting my hopes up.

I remember in 09 at the end of the year we were tearing it up, guy said he'd believe we had a chance at the super bowl if we could just go into Carolina and beat the Panthers...a game we should have won, and we managed to blow that. And choke away home field in two road losses int he last three games.

If we can beat our arch rivals, at home, this week, and EARN a playoff spot riding high going into the playoffs, it will go a LOOOONG way towards easing my A.V.A.T.A.R. (Aggravated Vikings Anticipatory Tramautic Abandonment Reaction) and even give me some real hope for the future of this team. This is the type of game Vikings teams for decades would go out and lay an egg in crushing the rising hopes of Vikings fans everywhere. This is a statement game, this is the type of game you turn around a franchise's culture of losing. This is where they can set the bar higher than just going .500 over long periods of time. Up and down. Backing into the playoffs. Squeaking out a solid, but unspectacular season.

Time for this team to put up, or shut up. You have a team at home in what should be a close game. Put on your man pants and whoop some assssss!!!!

Sorry for the comment Demi !

Sun Dec 23, 2012 8:55 pm
Hall of Fame Candidate

I think we should play well at home but it won't be easy stopping Rogers he's been red hot lately .

Sun Dec 23, 2012 8:58 pm
Hall of Famer

Noxage wrote:
Quote:
Better than the Texan's? Nope. Not even close.

Did you see them play the Texans?

I did. Any given Sunday, and all that. And they demolished the Titans today. I still don't think they are a better all-around team than the Texans.

Quote:
The Packers are a superior team largely because they have the best player in the league on their team (unfortunately).

Then why aren't they the number 1 seed?

Sun Dec 23, 2012 9:03 pm
Transition Player

Just to clear things up, do we make the playoffs if we beat the packers next week? Also, if we lose, what needs to happen in order for us to make the playoffs?

Sun Dec 23, 2012 9:08 pm
Defensive Tackle

Dark wrote:
Just to clear things up, do we make the playoffs if we beat the packers next week?

Yes.

Quote:
Also, if we lose, what needs to happen in order for us to make the playoffs?

Answers here:

http://espn.go.com/blog/nfcnorth/post/_ ... or-vikings

Sun Dec 23, 2012 9:14 pm
Profile WWW
Hall of Famer

Dark wrote:
Just to clear things up, do we make the playoffs if we beat the packers next week? Also, if we lose, what needs to happen in order for us to make the playoffs?

With the Giant loss today - if we win in week 17, we're in. If we lose:

1) The Bears need to lose
2) The Giants need to lose or tie
3) The Cowboys need to lose or tie

(I think that's correct)

Sun Dec 23, 2012 9:16 pm
Pro Bowl Elite Player

AD, at home, going for the record and securing a playoff spot. M-O-T-I-V-A-T-E-D

Packers know that they're in even if they lose

Vikes 23, Packers 13

Sun Dec 23, 2012 9:17 pm
Pro Bowl Elite Player

After beating Houston in this fashion, against all odds, how can some of you guys choose the Packers over the Vikings????? Sure, I understand becoming cynical, but let's be practical here. What works in the Vikings favor is.....

-Riding on a 3 game winning streak and strong playing by our defense and improved offense
-Playing in the Metrodome where the crowd will be going WILD
-Packers might be playing for a first round bye, but our defense typically puts tough pressure on Rodgers, and if Allen and Robison hit and sack Rodgers a few times, I would NOT be surprised if Rodgers is pulled in maybe even at halftime to not risk him getting a concussion or similar injury. In fact I would be shocked if Rodgers isn't pulled if he starts to get hit hard early.
-Randall Cobb, arguably the Packer's best receiver and also solid kick returner, left the game today with an ankle injury and didn't return. Even if he's well enough to play next Sunday, I would be surprised if he isn't benched and rested for the playoffs. Or maybe benched some time in the game.

Sun Dec 23, 2012 10:14 pm
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Valhalla wrote:
Bill Carson wrote:
AD, at home, going for the record and securing a playoff spot. M-O-T-I-V-A-T-E-D

Packers know that they're in even if they lose

Vikes 23, Packers 13

Packers are in but what if the FortyNiners, losing last I saw, lost tonight to Seattle?? Then, GB would be playing for the first round bye. That's something.

They will still know that they're in the playoffs no matter what. The bye is something to play for, but it isn't as motivating as 'win or go home'. Plus AD's personal motivations on top of that puts us over the top!

Sun Dec 23, 2012 10:14 pm
Hall of Fame Inductee

As sad as this makes me, being a home game agasint the Packers, i think 24-17 Packers (

Sun Dec 23, 2012 10:30 pm
Transition Player

It will all come down to whether Leslie shows the patience and composure to put the ball in AP's hands ALL DAY. If we grind em up all day then the Pack doesnt get the time to work their passing game magic. The Pack has NO run game and their Run D is suspect. IF AP is injured, we are dead. IF Leslie, once again, dreams of Ponder passing his way to victory, we are dead........

Sun Dec 23, 2012 10:39 pm
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Looks like 49ers are going to lose. A win for the Packers gives them a first round bye. So they'll be playing very hard and probably won't pull anyone in the game.

Sun Dec 23, 2012 10:40 pm
Commissioner

Think it also depends how healthy AD is. I don't remember hearing anything about his groin from the previous week, yet the announcers pointed it out after his last run. I noticed him holding his cup after the play and thought maybe he just got hit there, but possibly more to it.

Anyone heard anymore?

Sun Dec 23, 2012 10:45 pm
Pro Bowl Elite Player

^ He was rested late but said postgame he'll definitely play and will be 'ready to get a W and break that record." :D

For all intents and purposes, the Vikings playoffs begin next Sunday.

Sun Dec 23, 2012 10:47 pm
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Looks like the Vikings will be on fox for national TV next sunday! The other four o clock fox games are stlouis/seattle and Arizona/SF. I think it's a no-brainer the Vikings will be the national game. (i live in NY so i've had to watch all the vikings games online).

And Dallas Washington is the sunday night game. wow, winner take all; going to be a great day of football.

Also just realized, That Packers loss to Seattle really screwed us over. Green Bay would have the 2 seed locked up with SF's loss tonight. Damn.

Last edited by Orion on Sun Dec 23, 2012 11:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sun Dec 23, 2012 11:06 pm
Transition Player

Man I am already excited for this one! I think the vikes win 27-21

Sun Dec 23, 2012 11:09 pm
Commissioner

Quote:
Looks like the Vikings will be on fox for national TV next sunday! The other four o clock fox games are stlouis/seattle and Arizona/SF. I think it's a no-brainer the Vikings will be the national game. (i live in NY so i've had to watch all the vikings games online).

Yep they just announced it was moved to 4:25 est game on FOX.

Sun Dec 23, 2012 11:13 pm
Rookie

27 - 10 Packers

Sun Dec 23, 2012 11:38 pm
Pro Bowl Elite Player

I think as long as Ponder can manage the game and limit the turnovers we could definitely win this game. Im just worried Ponder is going to try too much but hopefully he plays like he did today. The packers always struggle to stop AP. Our defense is also playing lights out right now. We need to get pressure on Rodgers early and we got a win!

OFFENSE
-Ponder throws for 185 and 2 TDs, 1 INT
-Peterson goes for 130 and 1 TD.
-Wright catches 6 for 75 and 1 TD
-Rudolph catches 4 for 45, 0 TD
-Walsh makes one from 33 and 49

DEFENSE
-Allen gets 2 sacks
-Griffen gets 1 sack
-KWill gets 1 sack
-Greenway with 9 tackles, 1 INT
-Cook with 1 INT that ends the game