The Master "Lets get X Player" for the Vikings Next Year

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

Demi
Commissioner

Re: The Master "Lets get X Player" for the Vikings Next Year

Post by Demi »

Funkytown wrote:ESPN - The Vikings have expressed interest in free agent RB/KR LaRod Stephens-Howling
Nice! About time we get a quick little scat back in here! Finally have an OC who knows what he's doing!
oldskoolvikingfan
Starter

Re: Mark Sanchez?

Post by oldskoolvikingfan »

Why would we want a slightly better Ponder? :wallbang:
HardcoreVikesFan
Hall of Famer

Post by HardcoreVikesFan »

Funkytown wrote:ESPN - The Vikings have expressed interest in free agent RB/KR LaRod Stephens-Howling
LaRod would be a very solid pick up. He is a player I have always been interested in adding to this team, and I wanted him on this team last offseason.
A Randy Moss fan for life. A Kevin Williams fan for life.
Demi
Commissioner

Post by Demi »

oldskoolvikingfan wrote:Image

Why would we want a slightly better Ponder? :wallbang:
Well, he has won a playoff game. Which is more than Cassell and Ponder managed to do. Hell, he has 4 playoff wins under his belt. Along with a pretty competitive loss that he played well in.

Not that we have interest, or even should. But you have people making apologies for Ponder in one thread, and acting like Sanchez doesn't even belong on an NFL roster. All things being equal I'd take Sanchez over Ponder 10 times out of 10. :smilevike:
Angels Wings
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Angels Wings »

Fumblitis wrote:Is Mark worth a look in camp? I just get the sense that he might have a similar situation that Brees had in San Diego. Would we be interested in bringing him in?

For those with wings, fly to your dreams
PurpleKoolaid
Hall of Famer

Post by PurpleKoolaid »

The funny thing is, I don't think a single Vikings fan on this site wants Sanchez, except maybe the guy who posted lets get Mark (twice), but he really is slightly better then Ponder or Cassel. Thanks so much Rickie!! And yes Rickie had some say in the roster even before he became GM.
mmvikes
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by mmvikes »

Purple bruise wrote:Why does this even deserve to be a topic on the VMB :confused: Are we going to see a topic about every scrub QB that gets cut on this board. :wallbang:
I'm with you Pb.
And yes, we will see a topic on every scrub QB, or any washed up player cut after his prime. It is just the nature of boards. I doubt we are any different than any other teams fan boards. There is always someone who thinks X player has another year or two left.
DarthBrooks
Transition Player

Post by DarthBrooks »

We must never forget the skill, grace and pure athleticism of Mark Sanchez.

Well, maybe something happened to it in grade school.
Funkytown
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by Funkytown »

I love that play! I knew someone would bring it up. Good stuff.
vikeinmontana
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by vikeinmontana »

Demi wrote: Well, he has won a playoff game. Which is more than Cassell and Ponder managed to do. Hell, he has 4 playoff wins under his belt. Along with a pretty competitive loss that he played well in.

Not that we have interest, or even should. But you have people making apologies for Ponder in one thread, and acting like Sanchez doesn't even belong on an NFL roster. All things being equal I'd take Sanchez over Ponder 10 times out of 10. :smilevike:
sanchez apologist. this post clearly means you think sanchez is an unbelievable qb and you think he's the best option for the vikes....

:lol:
i'm ready for a beer.
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

Will Yeatman - T - Free Agent

Free agent OT Will Yeatman visited the Texans and Vikings this week.

Yeatman wasn't tendered an offer by the Dolphins as a restricted free agent in March. He played just 18 offensive snaps before tearing his ACL in November. Shortly after coach Joe Philbin was hired by the Dolphins, he pointed to Yeatman as a potential starting left tackle. As a former tight end, Yeatman has plus athleticism.
Related: Texans, Vikings
Source: National Football Post
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly
HardcoreVikesFan
Hall of Famer

Post by HardcoreVikesFan »

dead_poet wrote:Will Yeatman - T - Free Agent

Free agent OT Will Yeatman visited the Texans and Vikings this week.

Yeatman wasn't tendered an offer by the Dolphins as a restricted free agent in March. He played just 18 offensive snaps before tearing his ACL in November. Shortly after coach Joe Philbin was hired by the Dolphins, he pointed to Yeatman as a potential starting left tackle. As a former tight end, Yeatman has plus athleticism.
Related: Texans, Vikings
Source: National Football Post
He is actually a good choice to back up Kalil. Yeatman is much better than Kevin Murphy and Mike Remmers. That being said, I hope Antonio Richardson makes the team - there was not a good reason he shouldn't have been drafted.
A Randy Moss fan for life. A Kevin Williams fan for life.
Purple bruise
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by Purple bruise »

HardcoreVikesFan wrote: He is actually a good choice to back up Kalil. Yeatman is much better than Kevin Murphy and Mike Remmers. That being said, I hope Antonio Richardson makes the team - there was not a good reason he shouldn't have been drafted.
I certainly do not know what it was BUT there was/is a reason why he was not picked in the draft by 32 teams including the Vikes. I am not saying that it was/is a legitimate reason or reasons and I am not saying that he won't make it in the league but you can bet that there was a reason for him not getting drafted.
Do not mistake KINDNESS for WEAKNESS!

Best to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool rather than open it and remove all doubt.
Funkytown
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by Funkytown »

80 PurplePride 84 wrote:Vikings have expressed interest in Brandon Flowers.
Darren Wolfson reports the Vikings have contacted free agent CB Brandon Flowers.

The Vikings need to fix a secondary that was shredded time and again last season, but Flowers is not the solution. Minnesota figures to play a lot of press man coverage under new coach Mike Zimmer, and Flowers struggled mightily in a similar scheme in Kansas City last season. Flowers could be asked to man the slot, but the Vikings already brought in CB Captain Munnerlyn to fill that void this offseason. The Falcons and Lions are reportedly also interested in Flowers.

Darren Wolfson on Twitter at Jun 15 - 10:49 PM
Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Post by Mothman »

Funkytown wrote: Darren Wolfson reports the Vikings have contacted free agent CB Brandon Flowers.

The Vikings need to fix a secondary that was shredded time and again last season, but Flowers is not the solution. Minnesota figures to play a lot of press man coverage under new coach Mike Zimmer, and Flowers struggled mightily in a similar scheme in Kansas City last season. Flowers could be asked to man the slot, but the Vikings already brought in CB Captain Munnerlyn to fill that void this offseason. The Falcons and Lions are reportedly also interested in Flowers.

Darren Wolfson on Twitter at Jun 15 - 10:49 PM
Are the players they have the solution(s)? Maybe they're just exploring their options and looking to improve the overall depth and quality of their secondary. Maybe Zimmer doesn't intend to have his defense play as much press man coverage as everyone seems to think.