Do you think TheSaints purposely hit Favre with illegal hits

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

Do you think The Saints purposely hit Favre with illegal hits?

Yes
77%
No
21%
You're a poor sport
2%

Total votes: 43

LegendsOfFootball
Practice Squad

Do you think TheSaints purposely hit Favre with illegal hits

Post by LegendsOfFootball »

I personally do, I think they were trying to get him out of the game so the game would be easier on their team. I felt that they really cheated doing that and it was sickening how they called a fumble on a play where the saints hit favre low and #### him up the rest of the game. I really hope Manning is prepared for these cheaters.
PurpleMilk
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Re: Do you think TheSaints purposely hit Favre with illegal hits

Post by PurpleMilk »

Considering you complain about the officiating in almost every single one of your posts and make up every excuse under the sun as to why the Vikes lost on Sunday, this thread doesn't surprise me.

And for the record, NO, I don't think the saints intentionally were trying to play dirty. They were trying to rattle a QB who had a great year. It's a strategy every team uses when playing a good QB.

And lastly, the Vikes lost. Plain and simple. I'm tired of hearing all of these excuses and whining.
LegendsOfFootball
Practice Squad

PurpleMilk wrote:Considering you complain about the officiating in almost every single one of your posts and make up every excuse under the sun as to why the Vikes lost on Sunday, this thread doesn't surprise me.

And for the record, NO, I don't think the saints intentionally were trying to play dirty. They were trying to rattle a QB who had a great year. It's a strategy every team uses when playing a good QB.

And lastly, the Vikes lost. Plain and simple. I'm tired of hearing all of these excuses and whining.
Late-hits and Illegal hits hurt Favre. The Saints cheated to get in the superbowl, and its disgusting. I hope someone breaks Drew Brees legs before the superbowl game so he can feel the pain Favre had to feel from those cheaters and their illegal hits. Stupid #### New Orleans, dirty crackhead city smells like #### anyways. Funny how they rebuilt a city that will just get hit by another Hurricane in the distant future, its a freaking pothole there.
PurpleMilk
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by PurpleMilk »

Your response is my cue to leave this thread. Accusations and hoping players get hurt are low and uncalled for. Just face the loss and move on bro. The world is not ending.
LegendsOfFootball
Practice Squad

PurpleMilk wrote:Your response is my cue to leave this thread. Accusations and hoping players get hurt are low and uncalled for. Just face the loss and move on bro. The world is not ending.
They did illegal hits on favre that hurt him and he was playing hurt and with off balanced feet. They cheated, its only fair if someone hurts brees before the game. They didn't even get called for that when they hit him low and cheated, instead the crackhead refs said its a fumble. How is it a fumble if he hit favre low with his helmet? Thats an illegal hit yet no flags were thrown.... WTF?
VikeMike
All Pro Elite Player

Post by VikeMike »

I'm sorry, but this is a waste of time.
"Meet at the quarterback"
thatguy
Hall of Famer

Post by thatguy »

I don't think it was a coaches decision. But I think yes, it was a dirty hit intended to take him outta the game.
"The bravest are surely those who have the clearest vision of what is before them, glory and danger alike, and yet notwithstanding, go out to meet it." ~Thucydides
axeldaddy
All Pro Elite Player

Post by axeldaddy »

The late hit and hi-lo were purpose driven, however, and more importantly, they were allowed by the officiating crew.

I voted for deliberate, but I assign contributory negligence to the refs.
TeamChaplain
All Pro Elite Player

Post by TeamChaplain »

GBFavreFan wrote:It was totally by design. And if anyone has any doubts, watch the Arizona game one week earlier. The strategy was clear, to physically hurt the QB so he cannot continue or is impaired enough to be ineffective. The rules of the NFL are pretty weak in ways and Gregg Williams and his band of thugs exploited that in January. If you watch the hits on Favre and Warner, while most were perfectly legal, almost all were completely unnecessary in the way contact was made. Picking the guy up and giving him a spinebuster?! Seriously? Or when Kurt Warner is chasing a loose ball 10 yards from anything, and the DE jumps in the air and slams into his blindside like Warren Sapp did to Chad Clifton years ago?!

If you still have doubts, rewatch the game and tell me how many times a Saints player wrapped his arm around Brett, and how many times he just slammed himself into Brett with or without the ball. There were no attempts to strip or sack it was all impact shots. it is strategy. And to say it is, isn't whining or making excuses for losing. it's just pointing out what announcers won't say and giving reason to root against them at the SB.

the Saints are a below average defense that depends on punching the ball and hurting players. That's dirty, and a #### way to win.
I couldn't agree with you more.
From the Fjords of ValHalla
St. Ouachita
Practice Squad

Post by St. Ouachita »

There is hope for granular vaginitis.

Find a support group and find hope.
Lars
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Lars »

St. Ouachita wrote:There is hope for granular vaginitis.

Find a support group and find hope.
Venting is therapeutic for fans after a crappy and disappointing loss. This is a support group.

Don't like it? You can always join the trolls on NFL.com.
4transplant4
Backup

Post by 4transplant4 »

I do think it was on purpose. When I watched what they did to Warner, I got a sick feeling that they were going to try to hurt Favre. And they did. And further, two of my favorite quarterbacks (I have a thing for the old guys) will likely retire (in part) because of the physical beatings they took.
Ronder
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Ronder »

Can Not Vote-The submitted form was invalid

I would have Voted YES!!!
cthusky
Starter

Post by cthusky »

I am still hurting, but not as badly as Favre is hurting!

Yes, I believe the Saints deliberately tried to hurt Favre with late hits. I believe that with their offense, they believed that they could easily make up the 15 yard penalties, so it was worth the risk. And when the refs stopped calling roughing the passer penalties, it only encouraged more hits.

Nevertheless, we lost this game with our own bungles. The Saints did not win it with dirty play or clean play. We lost it pure and simple.
glg
Site Admin

Post by glg »

Ronder wrote:Can Not Vote-The submitted form was invalid

I would have Voted YES!!!
See
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=21051