View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Dec 21, 2014 6:10 pm



Reply to topic  [ 85 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
 How do you feel about Ponder as our QB? 

How do you feel about Christian Ponder as our QB
Excited. You are familiar with Ponder so you feel good about him. 11%  11%  [ 8 ]
Excited. You don't know him that well but think he might have that "something" and/or you trust Spielman's track record in the 1st round. 15%  15%  [ 11 ]
Good. You don't know a lot, but feel Musgrave and Frazier will mold him into a top guy. 21%  21%  [ 15 ]
Lukewarm. You are familiar with Ponder so feel things could go either way. 11%  11%  [ 8 ]
Completely neutral and without judgment. Are able to emotionally detach yourself from the most important position on our team. 11%  11%  [ 8 ]
Lukewarm. The more you find out makes you less and less excited about his play and durability. 1%  1%  [ 1 ]
Inconsequential. Injuries, circumstance, free agency, or the play of Webb will keep Ponder's playing time minimal so he'll never become our "guy" anyway. 1%  1%  [ 1 ]
Disappointed. Wished we picked somebody else and need time to get over it. 15%  15%  [ 11 ]
Upset. Feel things won't work out with Ponder and it'll take several seasons before we finally move on to someone else. 14%  14%  [ 10 ]
Total votes : 73

 How do you feel about Ponder as our QB? 
Author Message
All Pro Elite Player

Joined: Tue Aug 03, 2010 11:45 am
Posts: 1160
Location: Minnesota
Post Re: How do you feel about Ponder as our QB?
GBFavreFan wrote:
Let's put aside the fact that we used a very high first round pick on someone projected as a second rounder, and focus on the fact that he is on the team now. As we look forward, what are your feelings on Christian Ponder as our QB?



You forgot the obvious answere to the question : ARE YOU FU--ING KIDDING ME !!!


Thu Apr 28, 2011 11:28 pm
Profile
Commissioner
User avatar

Joined: Sun Dec 12, 2004 4:24 pm
Posts: 23204
Post Re: How do you feel about Ponder as our QB?
Where's "Furious"

I came out of this draft more interested in seeing Fairley play next to Suh, than to watch the Ponder-reach fail over the next few years. :steamed:


Thu Apr 28, 2011 11:36 pm
Profile
Veteran

Joined: Sun Dec 21, 2008 8:08 pm
Posts: 258
Post Re: How do you feel about Ponder as our QB?
I've cooled off and gotten over the fact that it was a reach. Now that he's a Viking, I'm excited. Why? Because we have a new Head Coach, a new OC, and a new QB. It may not be good, but it's different than what we have and at least has the chance of success.

I hope our 3rd first round QB goes out and shows us that he was a worthwhile pick.


Thu Apr 28, 2011 11:48 pm
Profile
Pro Bowl Elite Player
User avatar

Joined: Sun May 24, 2009 1:21 pm
Posts: 528
Location: Florida
Post Re: How do you feel about Ponder as our QB?
FPG wrote:
I've cooled off and gotten over the fact that it was a reach. Now that he's a Viking, I'm excited. Why? Because we have a new Head Coach, a new OC, and a new QB. It may not be good, but it's different than what we have and at least has the chance of success.

I hope our 3rd first round QB goes out and shows us that he was a worthwhile pick.


Good Point, Our new OC who helped developed Matt Ryan might of seen something from Ponder. Im a lil more optimistic now but still disappointed. I think Prince or Fairly woulda been a better pick. :/

_________________
Meet at the Quarterback. -Purple People Eaters


Thu Apr 28, 2011 11:52 pm
Profile
Backup
User avatar

Joined: Wed Mar 03, 2010 12:36 pm
Posts: 77
Location: UT Knoxville/Hendersonville, TN
Post Re: How do you feel about Ponder as our QB?
Horrible, that's how I feel


Fri Apr 29, 2011 12:28 am
Profile
Starter

Joined: Thu Sep 14, 2006 3:21 pm
Posts: 157
Location: Costa Mesa, California
Post Re: How do you feel about Ponder as our QB?
Demi wrote:
Where's "Furious"

I came out of this draft more interested in seeing Fairley play next to Suh, than to watch the Ponder-reach fail over the next few years. :steamed:


Second that. With Locker and Gabbert gone I was telling my wife that Fairley was gonna be our next pick (she said "uh huh") and then we picked Ponder and the D in Detroit got better.


Fri Apr 29, 2011 2:01 am
Profile
Hall of Famer
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 10, 2006 2:05 am
Posts: 9148
Location: California
Post Re: How do you feel about Ponder as our QB?
I know the Vikings wanted to trade down as did a lot of teams...

Ponder could be a great QB his intelligence and skills..

My biggest concern so far is his shoulder injuries in college.

Musgrave did a great job with Matt Ryan so hopefully that will
repeat itself. I think detroit 's first round pick would have been
better for us in the short term. If Ponder is a really great QB in the
NFL its a great pick. If he is closer to Tarvaris Jackson or can't stay
on the field its a really bad pick

_________________
Invest in yourself and make the most out of everyday, because you don't get do overs in life often


Fri Apr 29, 2011 2:17 am
Profile
Starter
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jan 08, 2011 2:34 am
Posts: 103
Post Re: How do you feel about Ponder as our QB?
This is ridiculous :steamed:

I thought maybe we were getting a staff that was intelligent but I guess not...Ponder had a hard time keeping his job in College and had a ton of injuries to boot. Now, Frazier and company decide that he is the next franchise quarterback :roll:

We might as well kiss this team goodbye.....we are gonna suck!!!!


Fri Apr 29, 2011 2:54 am
Profile
Pro Bowl Elite Player
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jan 06, 2006 1:13 pm
Posts: 704
Location: Olathe, KS
Post Re: How do you feel about Ponder as our QB?
I can't believe they did this but after a few things I heard yesterday, I may try and give the team the benefit of the doubt.

First, on NLFNet, a guy said the Vikes had spent a LOT of time visiting with several QBs they had their eye on. They MUST have seen something in this kid they liked. And the draft guy on ESPN - not Kiper, McShay I believe - didn't have anything negative to say about Ponder except that he has seemed to be injury prone. As far as his skill set, he said he is probably one of the more "NFL ready" QBs in this draft. Remember, there were some that were concerned about AP being injury prone.

I'm not very happy right now but maybe he'll surprise us all. Of course seeing as how we are fans of the most snake bitten team in the NFL, I think we all know how this will end up.


Last edited by majorm on Fri Apr 29, 2011 7:03 am, edited 1 time in total.



Fri Apr 29, 2011 6:57 am
Profile
Defensive Tackle
User avatar

Joined: Wed Mar 26, 2003 11:48 am
Posts: 29872
Location: Chicago, IL
Post Re: How do you feel about Ponder as our QB?
I went with "Lukewarm. You are familiar with Ponder so feel things could go either way."

I'm keeping an open mind.

Jim


Fri Apr 29, 2011 7:00 am
Profile WWW
Hall of Famer
User avatar

Joined: Thu Mar 09, 2006 6:55 am
Posts: 8815
Location: Way Up North
Post Re: How do you feel about Ponder as our QB?
Im excited. Was it a reach??? Supposedly. Who cares. We need a QB. I have no idea if he'll work out, but at least its a viable option at QB for once. Those who "know" he is going to be a bust should really be working as a scout for an NFL team since they are such great and accurate talent evaluaters.


Fri Apr 29, 2011 8:15 am
Profile
All Pro Elite Player
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 21, 2010 10:51 pm
Posts: 1472
Location: Arizona
Post Re: How do you feel about Ponder as our QB?
Just too much of a reach for me to be happy with it. You're seriously going to pass up Amukamara and Fairley. REALLY?!

_________________
Look at ur sig,now back 2 mine,now back to yours,now back to mine

Sadly,yours isn't mine.But if you stopped posting and made this your sig,yours could look like mine.

Look down,back up,your on VMB reading the sig your sig can look like.I'm on a computer


Fri Apr 29, 2011 8:35 am
Profile
Hall of Famer
User avatar

Joined: Thu Mar 09, 2006 6:55 am
Posts: 8815
Location: Way Up North
Post Re: How do you feel about Ponder as our QB?
I dont think it was a bad pick. I would rather they took Ponder at 12 than be a Panthers fan and have them take Newton at #1 overall, thats a reach on a 1 year wonder who pretty much relies 100% on athleticism. IMO, he is the most likely bust of this years QBs. Could Cam turn out to be a stud? Sure. But Id rather have Ponder than him, I think the Panthers took a much bigeer risk than the Vikings.

I would have been happy with Farley but not Prince, he is over rated IMO.

Bottom line, Ponder is a Viking, wont know for a couple seasons if the perceived reach is real or not. Im excited and hope for the best. Unlike many, I think the TOA might be better suited to make the decisions/picks than I am, as another poster stated, we do have 2 of the last 4 ROYs on our team, they must not be totally incompitent.


Fri Apr 29, 2011 8:43 am
Profile
Transition Player

Joined: Wed Aug 22, 2007 5:17 pm
Posts: 326
Location: Ormond Beach, Florida
Post Re: How do you feel about Ponder as our QB?
Was it a reach? Sure. Is he going to be John David Booty? No. Not even close. Obvious bias coming from a guy who loves Florida State as much as the Vikings, but it also gives me some insight too. I read on another post that he "struggled to keep his job" in college. That's just flat out wrong, obviously injuries deterred his career a bit, but when he was healthy, there was never a question as to who was going to start on game day.

The kid can ball. Remember, was a darkhorse heisman candidate coming off his junior year, depending on who you asked. The five clips they play repeatedly on ESPN do not do justice to his capabilities. He had the fastest shuttle run on the team for 3 years running. I watched him play in the pouring rain in Miami, through pain against Clemson, he is tough. I was never worried when the ball was in his hands and the 'Noles were down. He has definetly made questionable passes in his career a few times, but who hasn't.

Also, being a 'Nole fan, I have watched plenty of drab ACC football over the years, and I'll tell you straight up, he was defientely better than Matt Ryan was in his collegiate career. Is that going to be replicated in the pros? I am by no means making that claim, but just something to think about.

Had Ponder come out his junior year for the draft, he would've easily been a first rounder, and no one would've considered it as outrageous as some seem to think it is now. Vikings weren't going to get him in the 2nd round, despite what seems to be popular belief in these parts. Buffalo would've taken him, and that would've left us to pick between the likes of Mallet and Kaepernick, both of which I would've been a hell of a lot more disappointed with. Just because Mallet can fling a ball 8 million yards doesnt mean he's going to be good, and Kaepernick, while I cannot speak with authority on him, he played in a wafer-thin conference, and I would be surprised if he surpassed any of the QBs taken in the 1st in success.


Fri Apr 29, 2011 9:05 am
Profile
Starting Wide Receiver
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jan 24, 2005 5:48 pm
Posts: 14300
Location: Crystal, MN
Post Re: How do you feel about Ponder as our QB?
I can't believe how many people are furious or sucidal over this. I understand being upset with the reach, but he could have gone mid/late first, so it isn't that much of a reach. You'd think they drafted Brad Childress as the coach or something by reading some of the posts here.

_________________
Image

Image
Purple Pride till I die!


Fri Apr 29, 2011 9:17 am
Profile YIM WWW
All Pro Elite Player
User avatar

Joined: Mon Aug 31, 2009 1:28 am
Posts: 1838
Location: Minneapolis, Minnesota
Post Re: How do you feel about Ponder as our QB?
Hey everyone!

Let me tell yall something, the more I hear about this guy, the more I like him. This guy was not going to make it to the Vikings 2nd round pick, I am sure of it. Sure I wanted Locker, when I saw him go I was hoping it was just Mel showing highlights of him for filler. But nope, that dream was dead, than I tried to get myself prepared for Mallett, and I was rather quiet when the Ponder pick came.

A couple blurbs about this guy:

Considered very intelligent, and will study his opponents, which very well can mean 1st in the film room, last out. All the winning QBs in the NFL have this trait.

On the last Sunday at the NFL combine in Indianapolis, he was the most impressive of all the QBs in throwing drills, and also showed the best velocity. His velocity was apparently down because of a bursa sac issue previously.

I like him as an NFL prospect more than I do Newton or Mallett, even Gabbert, two of which went before him, but who almost all ranked ahead of him.

_________________
This space available for rent.


Fri Apr 29, 2011 9:29 am
Profile
Hall of Famer
User avatar

Joined: Mon Apr 26, 2004 5:51 pm
Posts: 6912
Location: Kentucky
Post Re: How do you feel about Ponder as our QB?
PurpleMustReign wrote:
I can't believe how many people are furious or sucidal over this. I understand being upset with the reach, but he could have gone mid/late first, so it isn't that much of a reach. You'd think they drafted Brad Childress as the coach or something by reading some of the posts here.


+1

The Vikings need a QB of the future and we've got a legitimate prospect after putting it off for *far* too long. Sure he could fail ... so could any other player we could have drafted.

Funnily enough, since so many "experts" had Bower ranked so much higher everybody would have been fine with that pick ... yet as the draft has shown that would have obviously been an even bigger reach as none of the other teams picked him either.

Could it be that the Vikings staff, who have actually had a fair amount of draft success, didn't make as big of a reach as many think they did?

_________________
"I can't help about the shape I'm in; I can't sing, I ain't pretty, and my legs are thin. But don't ask me what I think of you I might not give the answer that you want me to ... " - Peter Green


Fri Apr 29, 2011 9:33 am
Profile
Starter
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 14, 2010 1:02 pm
Posts: 144
Post Re: How do you feel about Ponder as our QB?
Coming into the draft I was hoping we would take Ponder in the 2nd round if he was still there. NOT WITH THE 12TH OVERALL PICK :wallbang:


Fri Apr 29, 2011 9:37 am
Profile
Defensive Tackle
User avatar

Joined: Wed Mar 26, 2003 11:48 am
Posts: 29872
Location: Chicago, IL
Post Re: How do you feel about Ponder as our QB?
PurpleMustReign wrote:
I can't believe how many people are furious or sucidal over this. I understand being upset with the reach, but he could have gone mid/late first, so it isn't that much of a reach. You'd think they drafted Brad Childress as the coach or something by reading some of the posts here.



LOL!

The sky falls during every draft. ;)

Jim


Fri Apr 29, 2011 10:03 am
Profile WWW
Hall of Famer

Joined: Fri Sep 28, 2007 12:53 pm
Posts: 7773
Post Re: How do you feel about Ponder as our QB?
Mothman wrote:
I went with "Lukewarm. You are familiar with Ponder so feel things could go either way."

I'm keeping an open mind.

Jim



Same, as I've stated before I actually LIKE him as a player, and as I learn more about him it does sound like there is more potential here than I originally thought. I still can't forgive them for the reach and essentially letting themselves be bullied into the pick but whatever. My hope now is that because of the injuries it masked some of his ability and without that he may have even been considered a top 10 pick, who knows! It all sounds like he was coming on strong though as he finally got healthy and the draft just happened before he could really shine.

It'll be unfortunate if he's the matt schaub type, good enough when healthy but rarely is.


Fri Apr 29, 2011 10:18 am
Profile
Hall of Famer
User avatar

Joined: Fri Sep 22, 2006 12:57 pm
Posts: 5020
Post Re: How do you feel about Ponder as our QB?
Where's "wait and see"? Or "I like the pick, but not at 12"?

I think we could have traded down to later in the first and still gotten him, as well as another pick or two.

As far as the quarterback himself is concerned, I think he's going to be pretty good, with a chance to be really good. He's been moving up draft boards because of his intelligence, work ethic leadership and throwing ability. Not elite arm strength, but good. And a lot of people believe he has that certain quality that winning quarterbacks need. He and Mallett are probably the most NFL-ready of all the QBs out there ... when's the last time the Vikings took a QB for which you could say THAT? I'm a little scared of his injury history. He's a tough guy ... sometimes tough guys at the QB position end up hurt.

No matter what any of us think, he's a Viking, and he's our quarterback of the future ... if not the present. I hope Vikings fans will get behind him. I plan to.

_________________
"Is it normal to wake up in the morning in a sweat because you can't wait to beat another human's guts out?"
Joe Kapp


Fri Apr 29, 2011 10:25 am
Profile
Defensive Tackle
User avatar

Joined: Wed Mar 26, 2003 11:48 am
Posts: 29872
Location: Chicago, IL
Post Re: How do you feel about Ponder as our QB?
J. Kapp 11 wrote:
Where's "wait and see"? Or "I like the pick, but not at 12"?

I think we could have traded down to later in the first and still gotten him, as well as another pick or two.


In theory, I agree but trading down requires a willing trade partner. When the Vikes were on the clock, ESPN reported that they were trying to trade down. They clearly didn't manage to make a trade so perhaps trading down really wasn't an option.

Quote:
As far as the quarterback himself is concerned, I think he's going to be pretty good, with a chance to be really good. He's been moving up draft boards because of his intelligence, work ethic leadership and throwing ability. Not elite arm strength, but good. And a lot of people believe he has that certain quality that winning quarterbacks need. He and Mallett are probably the most NFL-ready of all the QBs out there ... when's the last time the Vikings took a QB for which you could say THAT? I'm a little scared of his injury history. He's a tough guy ... sometimes tough guys at the QB position end up hurt.

No matter what any of us think, he's a Viking, and he's our quarterback of the future ... if not the present. I hope Vikings fans will get behind him. I plan to.



Well said!

Jim


Fri Apr 29, 2011 10:30 am
Profile WWW
Waterboy

Joined: Fri Apr 29, 2011 10:25 am
Posts: 1
Post Re: How do you feel about Ponder as our QB?
My screen name says it all - I'm FSU through and through, so I come here totally biased. I think you got a great QB in CP7. His two knocks - arm strength and durability - I think are blown out of proportion. Also, consider that he played through his injuries to his bursa sac, and I think that speaks volumes about who this guy is. This guy is a leader, confident in his ability, and I think you all will love him as a winner and face of the team (as all QBs are). Congratulations!! From what I understand, our coach said that your staff fell in love with him because of his ability to read defenses and understand the mental aspect of the game more than the other QBs out there. I understand there were other QBs your staff would have taken as well, but I don't think he will let you down.


Fri Apr 29, 2011 11:07 am
Profile
Hall of Famer
User avatar

Joined: Thu Mar 09, 2006 6:55 am
Posts: 8815
Location: Way Up North
Post Re: How do you feel about Ponder as our QB?
freddyfsu wrote:
My screen name says it all - I'm FSU through and through, so I come here totally biased. I think you got a great QB in CP7. His two knocks - arm strength and durability - I think are blown out of proportion. Also, consider that he played through his injuries to his bursa sac, and I think that speaks volumes about who this guy is. This guy is a leader, confident in his ability, and I think you all will love him as a winner and face of the team (as all QBs are). Congratulations!! From what I understand, our coach said that your staff fell in love with him because of his ability to read defenses and understand the mental aspect of the game more than the other QBs out there. I understand there were other QBs your staff would have taken as well, but I don't think he will let you down.



Welcome. Did you see him play many games?? I have actually never watched him play. I like the pick, as we desperately need a QB and like what Ive read and watched about him. Seems to have "IT". Which, outside of Favre, the Vikings QBs have lacked the "it" factor for a long, long time. His toughness and attitude dont seem too far from Locker, Ponder just doesnt seem as durable, which, honestly, could be a huge issue behind this OL!


Fri Apr 29, 2011 11:15 am
Profile
Hall of Famer
User avatar

Joined: Fri Sep 22, 2006 12:57 pm
Posts: 5020
Post Re: How do you feel about Ponder as our QB?
Mothman wrote:
J. Kapp 11 wrote:
Where's "wait and see"? Or "I like the pick, but not at 12"?

I think we could have traded down to later in the first and still gotten him, as well as another pick or two.


In theory, I agree but trading down requires a willing trade partner. When the Vikes were on the clock, ESPN reported that they were trying to trade down. They clearly didn't manage to make a trade so perhaps trading down really wasn't an option.

Thanks for that info, Jim. I didn't get to watch the draft, so I wasn't aware they were trying to trade down.

And considering the Cleveland and Jacksonville trades, there probably weren't any trade partners left.

Mothman wrote:
J. Kapp 11 wrote:
As far as the quarterback himself is concerned, I think he's going to be pretty good, with a chance to be really good. He's been moving up draft boards because of his intelligence, work ethic leadership and throwing ability. Not elite arm strength, but good. And a lot of people believe he has that certain quality that winning quarterbacks need. He and Mallett are probably the most NFL-ready of all the QBs out there ... when's the last time the Vikings took a QB for which you could say THAT? I'm a little scared of his injury history. He's a tough guy ... sometimes tough guys at the QB position end up hurt.

No matter what any of us think, he's a Viking, and he's our quarterback of the future ... if not the present. I hope Vikings fans will get behind him. I plan to.



Well said!

Jim

Thanks again!

I'm just really tired of us Vikings fans having to grouse about whether TJack deserves another chance, or reaching into the bottom of the way-back bag to bring someone like Brett Favre out of retirement, or constantly checking the waiver wire for Eagles cast-offs. Now we have a guy to develop and build around. I'm excited to see how he does.

_________________
"Is it normal to wake up in the morning in a sweat because you can't wait to beat another human's guts out?"
Joe Kapp


Fri Apr 29, 2011 11:24 am
Profile
Transition Player

Joined: Wed Aug 22, 2007 5:17 pm
Posts: 326
Location: Ormond Beach, Florida
Post Re: How do you feel about Ponder as our QB?
purple guy wrote:
freddyfsu wrote:
My screen name says it all - I'm FSU through and through, so I come here totally biased. I think you got a great QB in CP7. His two knocks - arm strength and durability - I think are blown out of proportion. Also, consider that he played through his injuries to his bursa sac, and I think that speaks volumes about who this guy is. This guy is a leader, confident in his ability, and I think you all will love him as a winner and face of the team (as all QBs are). Congratulations!! From what I understand, our coach said that your staff fell in love with him because of his ability to read defenses and understand the mental aspect of the game more than the other QBs out there. I understand there were other QBs your staff would have taken as well, but I don't think he will let you down.



Welcome. Did you see him play many games?? I have actually never watched him play. I like the pick, as we desperately need a QB and like what Ive read and watched about him. Seems to have "IT". Which, outside of Favre, the Vikings QBs have lacked the "it" factor for a long, long time. His toughness and attitude dont seem too far from Locker, Ponder just doesnt seem as durable, which, honestly, could be a huge issue behind this OL!


Read my post on this thread on this page, its one under yours. I watched him play every game for his entire career at FSU.


Fri Apr 29, 2011 11:33 am
Profile
Veteran
User avatar

Joined: Wed Feb 23, 2011 11:12 am
Posts: 224
Post Re: How do you feel about Ponder as our QB?
Glad to see that we still have some optimistic fans on here. It could be a great pick, maybe the next ROY as we have had 2 of the last 4... QBs are so hard to grade before they actually play in the NFL. Excited to see what we get tonight and tomorrow. Skol Vikings.


Fri Apr 29, 2011 11:41 am
Profile
Career Elite Player
User avatar

Joined: Wed Aug 19, 2009 12:23 pm
Posts: 2769
Post Re: How do you feel about Ponder as our QB?
Duchene wrote:
Glad to see that we still have some optimistic fans on here. It could be a great pick, maybe the next ROY as we have had 2 of the last 4... QBs are so hard to grade before they actually play in the NFL. Excited to see what we get tonight and tomorrow. Skol Vikings.


count me in. my best friend is a die hard nole fan so i have been hearing about ponder forever!

on that note...did any of you guys do the qb draft challenge on the dan patrick show? you pick the first 6 qbs taken in the draft and in what order. so far i'm doing well.... :thumbsup:

_________________
i'm ready for a beer.


Fri Apr 29, 2011 11:48 am
Profile
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Joined: Sat Apr 17, 2004 5:25 pm
Posts: 941
Location: Toronto
Post Re: How do you feel about Ponder as our QB?
While I like Ponder as a player, I absolutely hate the value picking him at 12. I think there's at least a 50% chance of getting him or Mallet by the time our 2nd round pick rolls around.

Fairley would have been my pick.


Fri Apr 29, 2011 12:05 pm
Profile
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jul 27, 2003 9:44 pm
Posts: 10852
Location: Chicago, IL
Post Re: How do you feel about Ponder as our QB?
Mothman wrote:
J. Kapp 11 wrote:
Where's "wait and see"? Or "I like the pick, but not at 12"?

I think we could have traded down to later in the first and still gotten him, as well as another pick or two.


In theory, I agree but trading down requires a willing trade partner. When the Vikes were on the clock, ESPN reported that they were trying to trade down. They clearly didn't manage to make a trade so perhaps trading down really wasn't an option.


Yep, takes two to tango. Ponder was not likely to be there for us at 43. It sounds like he was the guy the Vikes wanted. So, why take the chance? If no trade down 5-10 picks was available, just take him.


Fri Apr 29, 2011 12:08 pm
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 85 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: CbusVikesFan, Kidfozzy, me4get, saint33, tmscr, Yahoo [Bot] and 15 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group.
Designed by STSoftware.