2020 Offseason News Thread (Signings, Coaching changes, etc.)

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

VikingsVictorious
Hall of Fame Inductee

Re: 2020 Offseason News Thread (Signings, Coaching changes, etc.)

Post by VikingsVictorious »

fiestavike wrote: Tue May 19, 2020 12:43 pm
VikingsVictorious wrote: Tue May 19, 2020 12:30 pm
I once had high hopes for Isidora the explorer. I hope my high hopes for Bradbury, Samia, Udoh, Cleveland, Brandel and Hinton come to fruition. I'm not greedy just let half of those come through.
If we get an offseason, I'll be fairly optimistic about this OL, 2nd year in the same system and time to replace some of the weaker links. I'd be especially excited for 2021 line play.

I hope it looks like Cleveland, Reiff, Bradbury, Samia and O'Neil
It really does feel like 2021 will be the year for the OL to blossom. I think this year should be better than last year. We were merely bad last year not horrible. Things are heading in the right direction.
Maelstrom88
All Pro Elite Player

Post by Maelstrom88 »

VikingsVictorious wrote: Tue May 19, 2020 12:49 pm
fiestavike wrote: Tue May 19, 2020 12:43 pm

If we get an offseason, I'll be fairly optimistic about this OL, 2nd year in the same system and time to replace some of the weaker links. I'd be especially excited for 2021 line play.

I hope it looks like Cleveland, Reiff, Bradbury, Samia and O'Neil
It really does feel like 2021 will be the year for the OL to blossom. I think this year should be better than last year. We were merely bad last year not horrible. Things are heading in the right direction.
I hope so. It will probably take awhile for Ezra to be ready but he could surprise. I'd expect Bradbury to improve and O' Neil should be good. I actually haven't given up completely on Elf and think Samia might surprise.
mael·strom

a powerful whirlpool in the sea or a river.

a situation or state of confused movement or violent turmoil.
Vikings09
Rookie

Post by Vikings09 »

I just believe for some reason we will have a great year...I think with a young secondary they will be hungry and with Kuban the OL will be better.
RandyMoss84
All Pro Elite Player

Post by RandyMoss84 »

Vikings09 wrote: Fri May 22, 2020 8:27 pm I just believe for some reason we will have a great year...I think with a young secondary they will be hungry and with Kuban the OL will be better.
I am not convinced, ever since Zimmer has been here, Zimmer misses the playoffs every other year so I will have to see it to believe it
VikingsVictorious
Hall of Fame Inductee

RandyMoss84 wrote: Fri May 22, 2020 9:36 pm
Vikings09 wrote: Fri May 22, 2020 8:27 pm I just believe for some reason we will have a great year...I think with a young secondary they will be hungry and with Kuban the OL will be better.
I am not convinced, ever since Zimmer has been here, Zimmer misses the playoffs every other year so I will have to see it to believe it
With the extra team this year I like our chances of making the playoffs. We have had a lot of turnover to the lineup, but the losses other than Griffen who may be back anyway weren't significant. We might better by subtraction. However next year and the year after are the ones I really expect to be great.
RandyMoss84
All Pro Elite Player

Post by RandyMoss84 »

Vikings signed Dre Patrick last week, I am surprised nobody mentioned it but I guess it has been a slow offseason since free agency has been slow so no one noticed
Punkoholic
Rookie

Post by Punkoholic »

RandyMoss84 wrote: Tue Jun 02, 2020 7:09 pm Vikings signed Dre Patrick last week, I am surprised nobody mentioned it but I guess it has been a slow offseason since free agency has been slow so no one noticed
Did we actually sign him? I never got notification on my phone. Never saw an introduction/welcoming on Facebook or Instagram which they always do. I was surprised when I searched Minnesota Vikings today and a article about Fitzpatrick came up with him being mentioned as a player for the Vikings. Is it just not official yet?
StumpHunter
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by StumpHunter »

RandyMoss84 wrote: Tue Jun 02, 2020 7:09 pm Vikings signed Dre Patrick last week, I am surprised nobody mentioned it but I guess it has been a slow offseason since free agency has been slow so no one noticed
I think someone updated Wikepedia to say he is a Viking, but I do not believe he is actually a Viking.

He has been in the news talking about non-football related matters, and the reporters are going to Wikepedia, seeing his status of being a Viking, and just going with it.

I hope that this is just a case of it not really mattering what team he is on for the content of the story, and that is why they are using Wikepedia as a source.
VikingsVictorious
Hall of Fame Inductee

Punkoholic wrote: Tue Jun 02, 2020 9:57 pm
Did we actually sign him? I never got notification on my phone. Never saw an introduction/welcoming on Facebook or Instagram which they always do. I was surprised when I searched Minnesota Vikings today and a article about Fitzpatrick came up with him being mentioned as a player for the Vikings. Is it just not official yet?
This is the latest I found on Kirkpatrick not Fitzpatrick.
Bengals released CB Dre Kirkpatrick.
This was expected following the additions of Trae Waynes and slot CB Mackenzie Alexander in free agency. A six-game starter in '19 before being placed on injured reserve with a knee injury, Kirkpatrick's release saves the team $8.29 million against their books this upcoming season. The former first-round pick ends his tenure in Cincinnati with 10 interceptions and 65 deflections across 99 appearances (including 67 starts) under his belt. He'll likely land as competition in nickel packages elsewhere prior to the draft.

RELATED: Cincinnati Bengals
SOURCE: Adam Schefter on Twitter
Mar 31, 2020, 9:20 AM ET

Nothing since his release on March 31st. There is a Wiki saying he's on the Vikings, but I don't think it's true.
RandyMoss84
All Pro Elite Player

Post by RandyMoss84 »

My apologies, I saw an article that he was a Viking but I guess I was wrong
StumpHunter
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by StumpHunter »

RandyMoss84 wrote: Wed Jun 03, 2020 11:53 am My apologies, I saw an article that he was a Viking but I guess I was wrong
Not your fault and no need to apologize. You should be able to trust that a journalist does their due diligence and doesn't use Wikepedia as a source.
RandyMoss84
All Pro Elite Player

Post by RandyMoss84 »

StumpHunter wrote: Wed Jun 03, 2020 5:18 pm
RandyMoss84 wrote: Wed Jun 03, 2020 11:53 am My apologies, I saw an article that he was a Viking but I guess I was wrong
Not your fault and no need to apologize. You should be able to trust that a journalist does their due diligence and doesn't use Wikepedia as a source.
I never go to Wikepedia since I do not trust it since anyone can edit it, I found out from this site

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.essent ... oting/amp/
VikingsVictorious
Hall of Fame Inductee

RandyMoss84 wrote: Wed Jun 03, 2020 7:03 pm

I never go to Wikepedia since I do not trust it since anyone can edit it, I found out from this site

You should go to Wikipedia. It is by far one of the best sources for information out there and yes once a great while some clown messes something up, but to not use it because of that is like throwing out the baby with the bathwater.
VikingsVictorious
Hall of Fame Inductee

Wiki is a great source. Once in a great while you get a clown who messes something up.
RandyMoss84
All Pro Elite Player

Post by RandyMoss84 »

VikingsVictorious wrote: Wed Jun 03, 2020 7:15 pm
RandyMoss84 wrote: Wed Jun 03, 2020 7:03 pm

You should go to Wikipedia. It is by far one of the best sources for information out there and yes once a great while some clown messes something up, but to not use it because of that is like throwing out the baby with the bathwater.
I will take your word for it