WRs in Draft

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

VikingsVictorious
Hall of Fame Inductee

Re: WRs in Draft

Post by VikingsVictorious »

IIsweet wrote: Tue Apr 07, 2020 10:30 pm Sooooo.......
Diggs fell in the draft because he was oft injured in college and didn't put up massive numbers in college. He also doesn't possess All Pro measurables. However, even in HS he was an All World talent. The ability was always there. Production and opportunities weren't.
Gets to NFL, is healthy, gets opportunity, and away he goes. Just a matter of "when" for him....
I see people dinging Reagor for very low production this year. he actually got about half as many yards and TDs as our own Tyler Johnson. However, the talent is there. He had a QB who couldn't find an open wr. The way I hear it Reagor is always open and with that 42 inch vert he can go up and get the ball over anybody. Great hands and speed. Huge plays waiting to happen. I'm starting to believe he will be our pick, but lots of others I would be very happy with also.
Texas Vike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by Texas Vike »

VikingsVictorious wrote: Tue Apr 07, 2020 11:27 pm
Diggs fell in the draft because he was oft injured in college and didn't put up massive numbers in college. He also doesn't possess All Pro measurables. However, even in HS he was an All World talent. The ability was always there. Production and opportunities weren't.
Gets to NFL, is healthy, gets opportunity, and away he goes. Just a matter of "when" for him....
I see people dinging Reagor for very low production this year. he actually got about half as many yards and TDs as our own Tyler Johnson. However, the talent is there. He had a QB who couldn't find an open wr. The way I hear it Reagor is always open and with that 42 inch vert he can go up and get the ball over anybody. Great hands and speed. Huge plays waiting to happen. I'm starting to believe he will be our pick, but lots of others I would be very happy with also.
Reagor would be a fantastic pick for us. He's quite similar to Cee Dee Lamb, honestly, but his QBs over the years haven't been nearly as good as Lamb's, especially this past season when TCU trotted out a freshman QB from Council Bluffs, IA.

See my previous post (one page back) on Reagor and follow that link. Watch his highlights and you'll see a guy with serious explosiveness. His burst is what sets him apart, not only for highpointing balls with his 42 inch vert, but also for getting separation off the line. His 40 time at the combine was surprisingly slow for those of us who have watched his career closely, because with pads on he is easily the fastest player in the Big 12.

I think we could snag him in the 2nd, but I'm not sure he'll make it to our pick.
VikingsVictorious
Hall of Fame Inductee

Texas Vike wrote: Wed Apr 08, 2020 6:28 am
VikingsVictorious wrote: Tue Apr 07, 2020 11:27 pm
Reagor would be a fantastic pick for us. He's quite similar to Cee Dee Lamb, honestly, but his QBs over the years haven't been nearly as good as Lamb's, especially this past season when TCU trotted out a freshman QB from Council Bluffs, IA.

See my previous post (one page back) on Reagor and follow that link. Watch his highlights and you'll see a guy with serious explosiveness. His burst is what sets him apart, not only for highpointing balls with his 42 inch vert, but also for getting separation off the line. His 40 time at the combine was surprisingly slow for those of us who have watched his career closely, because with pads on he is easily the fastest player in the Big 12.

I think we could snag him in the 2nd, but I'm not sure he'll make it to our pick.
He is showing up on many mocks as our first round pick lately. Decent chance we could get him in the early 2nd with a trade up or trade back from the first. I'm not convinced he is better than Mims or Jefferson, but I would have no problem with picking him at 25.
J. Kapp 11
Hall of Famer

Post by J. Kapp 11 »

I don't know much about any of the potential late-round wide receivers, but I do remember when Diggs reported to the Vikings. He started turning heads from the moment he stepped on the field, making acrobatic catches and winning contested-ball situations against really good corners (at the time) like Xavier Rhodes. Every day in training camp, he was giving us the day's highlight play. And how many wide receivers drafted in ANY round make their regular-season NFL debut with 6 catches for 87 yards?

Somebody in this year's draft is going to have to be awfully special to come close to matching that.
Go ahead. I dare you.
Underestimate this man.
Texas Vike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by Texas Vike »

VikingsVictorious wrote: Wed Apr 08, 2020 10:16 am
Texas Vike wrote: Wed Apr 08, 2020 6:28 am

He is showing up on many mocks as our first round pick lately. Decent chance we could get him in the early 2nd with a trade up or trade back from the first. I'm not convinced he is better than Mims or Jefferson, but I would have no problem with picking him at 25.
Those are the three guys I'm most interested in for our pick at 25 or a trade back into the early 2nd. Later in the 2nd, I'd be good with Aiyuk or Pittman, both of whom I think will be strong WR2s. I don't think Higgins is right for us, so I hope we don't go that route. He disappeared in the game vs. LSU, which scares me.

Reagor has a higher ceiling but a lower floor than Mims and Jefferson he's a riskier pick, but the pay off might be huge. His explosiveness is likely to translate well to the NFL. I'm only nervous about his route running abilities because his tree was limited at TCU. I've also read that Mims is a huge Vikings fan, which is really cool.
RandyMoss84
All Pro Elite Player

Post by RandyMoss84 »

Texas Vike wrote: Wed Apr 08, 2020 12:00 pm
Those are the three guys I'm most interested in for our pick at 25 or a trade back into the early 2nd. Later in the 2nd, I'd be good with Aiyuk or Pittman, both of whom I think will be strong WR2s. I don't think Higgins is right for us, so I hope we don't go that route. He disappeared in the game vs. LSU, which scares me.

Reagor has a higher ceiling but a lower floor than Mims and Jefferson he's a riskier pick, but the pay off might be huge. His explosiveness is likely to translate well to the NFL. I'm only nervous about his route running abilities because his tree was limited at TCU. I've also read that Mims is a huge Vikings fan, which is really cool.
That is cool Mims is a huge Vikings fan but I still hope Vikings do not draft him
StumpHunter
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by StumpHunter »

J. Kapp 11 wrote: Wed Apr 08, 2020 10:21 am
I don't know much about any of the potential late-round wide receivers, but I do remember when Diggs reported to the Vikings. He started turning heads from the moment he stepped on the field, making acrobatic catches and winning contested-ball situations against really good corners (at the time) like Xavier Rhodes. Every day in training camp, he was giving us the day's highlight play. And how many wide receivers drafted in ANY round make their regular-season NFL debut with 6 catches for 87 yards?

Somebody in this year's draft is going to have to be awfully special to come close to matching that.
I think the Bill's GM said something similar to this when explaining why he didn't just draft a receiver. They could draft a guy at 22 and hope he is as good as Diggs, or they could just trade that #22 for Diggs.
VikingsVictorious
Hall of Fame Inductee

Really?? Tell me more. I'm going to google that now.
Texas Vike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by Texas Vike »

VikingsVictorious wrote: Wed Apr 08, 2020 2:45 pm

I am guessing you found it, so I won't post it. It was on twitter--a video interview at the combine or senior bowl. Said AT was a player he really respected and whose game he loves.

A guy with wicked good hands and whom I'd love to draft on day three is Proche from SMU. Watch his highlights and tell me you don't see a bit of Diggs here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sGOua03RQgg
VikingsVictorious
Hall of Fame Inductee

Texas Vike wrote: Wed Apr 08, 2020 3:07 pm
VikingsVictorious wrote: Wed Apr 08, 2020 2:45 pm
I am guessing you found it, so I won't post it. It was on twitter--a video interview at the combine or senior bowl. Said AT was a player he really respected and whose game he loves.

A guy with wicked good hands and whom I'd love to draft on day three is Proche from SMU. Watch his highlights and tell me you don't see a bit of Diggs here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sGOua03RQgg
Yes some similarities.
Highlights are fun, but for scouting they are almost worthless because you only see the player at his best. That said man does he look good here. He made some incredible YAC and some catches that looked very difficult. When he got any chance he would bring it to the house.
Texas Vike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by Texas Vike »

VikingsVictorious wrote: Wed Apr 08, 2020 3:24 pm
Texas Vike wrote: Wed Apr 08, 2020 3:07 pm

Yes some similarities.
Highlights are fun, but for scouting they are almost worthless because you only see the player at his best. That said man does he look good here. He made some incredible YAC and some catches that looked very difficult. When he got any chance he would bring it to the house.
I know what you mean, highlights are tough. I watched at least 2 or 3 SMU games this season and Proche really did stand out. I think he'd be a great slot WR for us. This WR class is super deep. As much as I would love to move up to grab Lamb, I think I'd be just as interested in drafting 2 or 3 prospects between rounds 2 and 7 and just see how things shake out in camp (assuming camp happens with all this craziness we're experiencing). It's not like we have much depth at the position.
VikingsVictorious
Hall of Fame Inductee

Texas Vike wrote: Wed Apr 08, 2020 4:43 pm
Yes some similarities.
I know what you mean, highlights are tough. I watched at least 2 or 3 SMU games this season and Proche really did stand out. I think he'd be a great slot WR for us. This WR class is super deep. As much as I would love to move up to grab Lamb, I think I'd be just as interested in drafting 2 or 3 prospects between rounds 2 and 7 and just see how things shake out in camp (assuming camp happens with all this craziness we're experiencing). It's not like we have much depth at the position.
You've convinced me. He was ridiculously productive. I got this from NFL.COM
Proche helped the Mustangs achieve a 10-win season in 2019, again earning first-team all-conference accolades after starting all 13 games, tying for the national lead with 111 receptions (1,225 yards, 11.0 yards per catch), ranking in the top five with 15 scores.
That's just under 9 receptions per game and over a TD per game.
YikesVikes
All Pro Elite Player

Post by YikesVikes »

J. Kapp 11 wrote: Tue Apr 07, 2020 10:09 pm
YikesVikes wrote: Tue Apr 07, 2020 9:47 pm

I have no doubt that you didn't INTEND to offend anyone. However, there a slight things that people do that can be considered borderline. It's the samething I tell people that speak slang to me in the work place but not to anyone else. Again I contend that most wouldn't say baby mamma when speaking about Brady's family situation and he left here while she was preggors.
I don't understand. You quote the Brady situation, which has nothing to do with the Brown situation. Also, I know a woman or two who would object to the term "preggors."

And I'll repeat ... if my choice of words came off as commentary against the types of situations where the baby DOES represent the extent of the relationship, then good. AB has five kids by three mothers (that we know of) so please don't hold him up as a Father of the Year candidate just because three of his kids have the same mother.

All that said, I'll try not to use the term in the future. Meanwhile, just say NO to Antonio Brown as a Viking.
Agree to disagree. I don't think you understood me and a message board post probably isn't going to be enough to explain the context to most. I also want nothing to do with AB. I think something isn't quite right with him.
YikesVikes
All Pro Elite Player

Post by YikesVikes »

Yes some similarities.
This is one draft I would love us to grab multiple guys in the 2nd to 5th rounds. I would also be up for sending a 5th to the Cards for Hakeem Butler. Still have my man-crush on him.
VikingsVictorious
Hall of Fame Inductee

YikesVikes wrote: Wed Apr 08, 2020 6:29 pm

This is one draft I would love us to grab multiple guys in the 2nd to 5th rounds. I would also be up for sending a 5th to the Cards for Hakeem Butler. Still have my man-crush on him.
I bet the Cards would jump on that as they have added Hopkins and Butler would probably be just a practice squad guy for them. It's an interesting idea. I'm guessing the Vikings would rather make the pick though.