NFC Championship Reaction Thread

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

Tensilon
Waterboy

Re: NFC Championship Reaction Thread

Post by Tensilon »

Hi...first post...
I noted something during the game last night and so did some of my friends, at least one that was at the game. On the last play before the Eagles threw their first touchdown pass of the 2nd half, during the 3rd quarter, the refs missed a delay of game call. The clock was clearly to zero and the ball was no where near being hiked. As I said, I confirmed this with several of my friends that were also watching the game at different places, and even one friend that was at the game confirmed that he noted the clock was at zero, and there was no call. On the next play Foles hit the touchdown pass.
I don't imagine this would have made much difference in the final outcome, but did anyone else here happen to note the same thing? I haven't seen any mention of it anywhere else online.
Same **** different day...
:deadhorse:
Tens
J. Kapp 11
Hall of Famer

Post by J. Kapp 11 »

mosscarter wrote:I can't believe what I'm reading on here. We got humiliated yesterday and I'm sorry that is a lack of preparation and all falls back on coaching. Does anyone really believe Philly is 30 plus points better, come on here.
Who's giving the coaching staff a pass for the Eagles' game?

Some of us are simply saying that's no reason to fire the guy.

Certainly there's accountability to be had, and you can bet that Mike Zimmer will be the first guy to stand up and take the hit for what happened.
Go ahead. I dare you.
Underestimate this man.
Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Post by Mothman »

Tensilon wrote:Hi...first post...
I noted something during the game last night and so did some of my friends, at least one that was at the game. On the last play before the Eagles threw their first touchdown pass of the 2nd half, during the 3rd quarter, the refs missed a delay of game call. The clock was clearly to zero and the ball was no where near being hiked. As I said, I confirmed this with several of my friends that were also watching the game at different places, and even one friend that was at the game confirmed that he noted the clock was at zero, and there was no call. On the next play Foles hit the touchdown pass.
I don't imagine this would have made much difference in the final outcome, but did anyone else here happen to note the same thing? I haven't seen any mention of it anywhere else online.
Tens

I noticed it too and thought it was strange that there was no call.
Tensilon
Waterboy

Post by Tensilon »

Strange yes, and most odd that the Vikes all seemed to miss it also.

Tens 8)
akvikingsfan
All Pro Elite Player

Post by akvikingsfan »

Mothman wrote:
Tensilon wrote:Hi...first post...
Tens

I noticed it too and thought it was strange that there was no call.
I noticed the delay of game call that you mention, and multiple other holding calls that weren't called. Granted, this game wasn't lost due to poor officiating, the Vikings got their #### handed to them, but there was a lot of missed calls against the Eagles. If I recall correctly, the first penalty against them wasn't called until the 4th quarter.
S197
Fenrir

Post by S197 »

Purple Reign wrote:
S197 wrote: Not sure about the second one but the first comment I get where he was trying to go with it, it didn't make sense in context of where the play occurred but I think he meant had it been ruled a catch outside of the endzone then the Eagles would have to use a challenge. So they were lucky the play happened in the endzone.

But yeah he's clearly on the downslope, especially when you hear guys like Romo calling games.
But he specifically said the Eagles got a break because it was in the end zone. But even if it wasn't, the Eagles would have won the challenge since it was clear the ball hit the ground and they wouldn't have lost a timeout/challenge, and I don't see how the Eagles got a break. He just doesn't seem to make a lot of sense sometimes.
They would have easily won the challenge but they would have still had to challenge. Down the road, if they had to challenge another call and lost, they would be out of challenges for the game. I think that's what he was trying to say anyway.
joe h
Veteran

Post by joe h »

J. Kapp 11 wrote:
mosscarter wrote:I can't believe what I'm reading on here. We got humiliated yesterday and I'm sorry that is a lack of preparation and all falls back on coaching. Does anyone really believe Philly is 30 plus points better, come on here.
Who's giving the coaching staff a pass for the Eagles' game?

Some of us are simply saying that's no reason to fire the guy.

Certainly there's accountability to be had, and you can bet that Mike Zimmer will be the first guy to stand up and take the hit for what happened.
Zimmer is well known for throwing players and the offense under the bus. Even yesterday he blamed keenum’s pick six and fumble for being THE momentum changer. Like coming back from being down a couple scores is unheard of in the nfl. Also I hate how anyone questioning the #### get bombarded by his apologist. Since he has been here, he has always been off limits to criticisms, and god help anyone questioning his scheme, or why he keeps throwing players under the bus, mismanaging timeouts, and his all around piss poor preparations before prime time games.

Personally, I’m just tired of the guy. I used to blame spielman, but that sleazy used car salesman built a great a team this year, and Zimmer #### blew it.
S197
Fenrir

Post by S197 »

joe h wrote: Zimmer is well known for throwing players and the offense under the bus.
I'm still baffled at how people feel this way. Has any player come out and said anything? Rhett Ellison's dad doesn't count. If anything, it seems like he has the locker room behind him. People thought he threw Barr under the bus, but Barr himself admitted before this season he had a down year. And subsequently played much better. Keenum has said multiple times that this is the best team he has ever played for. The only thing I can really think of is maybe Norv. Am I missing someone?

Also Zimmer literally said in his press conference that it was his fault and not the players. Those were his exact words.

He's not off limits, but maybe if it's really that well known you can provide some examples?
J. Kapp 11
Hall of Famer

Post by J. Kapp 11 »

S197 wrote:
joe h wrote: Zimmer is well known for throwing players and the offense under the bus.
I'm still baffled at how people feel this way. Has any player come out and said anything? Rhett Ellison's dad doesn't count. If anything, it seems like he has the locker room behind him. People thought he threw Barr under the bus, but Barr himself admitted before this season he had a down year. And subsequently played much better. Keenum has said multiple times that this is the best team he has ever played for. The only thing I can really think of is maybe Norv. Am I missing someone?

Also Zimmer literally said in his press conference that it was his fault and not the players. Those were his exact words.

He's not off limits, but maybe if it's really that well known you can provide some examples?
Examples?

Zimmer is "well known" for throwing players under the bus.

Who needs examples? It's common knowledge. Just ask anybody. :roll:
Go ahead. I dare you.
Underestimate this man.
Maelstrom88
All Pro Elite Player

Post by Maelstrom88 »

Purple Reign wrote:
Maelstrom88 wrote: Great post. Agree on all points. The trenches got dominated last night but that still is no excuse for Keenum's pick 6.
Not sure what you are implying here. Of course it was the excuse for the pick 6. The pass rusher didn't get blocked and that was the sole reason the pass was under thrown. Are you saying that was Keenum's fault?
I'm implying that sometimes you have to know when to hold them know when to fold them and know when to take the sack instead of throwing it up for an interception run back whenever that's the thing that's going to get you beat against Nick Foles. Or at least that's what we thought before Nick Foles lit the defense up.
mael·strom

a powerful whirlpool in the sea or a river.

a situation or state of confused movement or violent turmoil.
Purple Domination
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Purple Domination »

S197 wrote:He's not off limits, but maybe if it's really that well known you can provide some examples?
I'm not necessarily agreeing with Joe's take, but the one instance that comes to mind is the harsh words Zimmer had for the offensive line in his presser after the Philly game last year. I remember articles being written about it (one linked below) and I think he has taken steps to be more measured in his criticism since then.

http://www.startribune.com/vikings-coac ... 398278201/
Purple Domination
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Purple Domination »

mosscarter wrote:Does anyone really believe Philly is 30 plus points better, come on here.
I agree, Philly is better, but not 30 points better. I think yesterday was an example of how a few unlucky plays can shift momentum in a big way. When so much pressure is riding on a game, I think it's easy to lose composure and it exacerbates especially for a young team.
Dmizzle0
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Dmizzle0 »

We have a weak running game and you can see it affected us in the Saints game and and the Eagles game. Even if the D knows we're running the ball they shouldn't constantly hold us to line of scrimmage almost every play.

Im sure our D was banged up too. Our Dbs had to be rotated around to compensate for the injuries. Foles took advantage of that.
mosscarter
All Pro Elite Player

Post by mosscarter »

The way I can see it you can throw out all the useless stats everyone likes to point out. "The number 1 ranked defense." To actually be the number one ranked defense, except on paper, you actually have to go out and EARN it. Some may call yesterday an anomaly, or whatever, but the number 1 rank at anything doesn't put up a performance like that.
Hunter Morrow
Hall of Famer

Post by Hunter Morrow »

Stats...

56 points allowed in the last 6 quarters on defense with a pick 6 on top for the kick in the pills. That's more than 9 points a quarter on defense and more than 10 overall.

That's the stat that matters. The Falcons held them to 15 and we got waxed like a floor.

What do you think we could have done against the Falcons?

My stepfather after the first drive said, "They just didn't execute. They saw something. Foles will go off like a rocket."

The Philadelphia Max Schmeling "seen something." Is it what the Saints saw or something else?

Because that's whats got my gut churning. That we're figured out.